• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roisigns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Oct 5, 2011
    cincy
    I understand that South Africa has a murder rate 6 times that of the USA!A survey for the period 1998–2000 compiled by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime ranked South Africa second for assault and murder (by all means) per capita and first for rapes per capita in a data set of 60 countries.

Driving around suburban Johannesburg in a posh neighborhood, one observes the extreme lengths to which panicked folks have gone to protect their property and personal safety during a time when robberies and home-invasion assaults/rapes/murders have become depressingly common occurrences.

3282984315_414dbb7365_z.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI3eGU_wmHg

security-fence-south-africa.jpg

Crime in South Africa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

BK1962

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    North Liberty
    I met a couple here in Indiana who had moved from overseas to New Jersey. I asked "why Jersey" as it's one of the most messed up states I've ever been to... They responded that they had moved from South Africa to Jersey because it was much safer than their homeland. They had two small girls and wanted to get them out because there is a tribal belief that sex with a virgin cures aids. I am not kidding and they assured me young girls are routinely raped by tribesmen who bekieve that crap. It's a sick world.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    They used to have firearm rights ....now they have crime instead. This looks like my old friend's neighborhood in Mexico. In Belize they stick bottles in the hollows of the top block of their very high walls and break them...cheap and effective.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I understand that South Africa has a murder rate 6 times that of the USA! ...

How is this possible? I mean, guns cause crime, murder, and mayhem and since S.A. has far fewer guns than U.S. [1] they should have a much lower crime rate. Their crime rate should be 6 to 7 times LOWER not higher. I'm confused.

[1] - Number of guns per capita by country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Guns per 100 residents:
    U.S. about 88 - Rank #1
    S. Africa about 12.7 - Rank #50

Lots of countries have MORE guns and LESS crime than S. Africa, like for example, Belgium, Northern Ireland, New Zealand, Iceland, Germany, Austria, Canada, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Switzerland, and the U.S. What's up with that?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom