Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Oh Yeah
    Regardless of whether you guys are right or wrong with your reasons for gas increases, the news is reporting their sources say that Syria is the reason.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    They are just happy to have a new excuse to put on their wheel of excuses. When it has nothing to do with Labor day either. It is all greed based on because they can, they know we are stuck.

This. People can say it's all about how much consumers use but I don't see this as being true. What about the big jumps mid or late weak just out of the blue? I'm talking 10 or more cents a gallon. And I'm not talking about holiday weekends.
    "We could actually be devolving into a dumber species if we are not careful."

Marksman
    Syria=Excuse to GOUGE us........

I don't think so. Let some missiles fly and watch Iran close the straits of Hormuz and see what gas goes to then. This is a dicey situation for sure. The Brits have balked and the Pres is left looking for a face saving option that has. The Russians willing to play hardball. Obama is kinda in a spot. If he shoots, Israel is endangered gas shoots up, and Russia is pissed at us again. If he doesn't then the US is left looking weak and teeth less. Iran and Russia are emboldened and AQ is strengthened. We the people lose either way.

Grandmaster
    I topped off last weekend when gas was still $3.27 in Bedford. Had $0.30/gal discount at JayC so I took the gas-cans and took every gallon I could at $2.97. I plan to ride these higher prices out with my stock-pile of gas. I should be able to ride it out until October before I have to buy more at the pump...

Who cares what price it is or why the prices are so high? The price is the price and you don't have any control over it. People worry about it too much. They will rape you regardless.
    Progressing with the status quo yields little progress.

Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypter View Post
    Who cares what price it is or why the prices are so high? The price is the price and you don't have any control over it. People worry about it too much. They will rape you regardless.
    Because #1 by speculating we can prepare and hedge against price increases and #2 because for some people it may make the financial difference of being able to buy certain preps (or other items) or not. So those people need to prepare themselves for higher gas-prices.

Gas has receded here where I live. Dropped about $.25 a gallon since last week. Still about $.20 a gallon higher just down south. Still$3.75 where I work. Hope it all blows over.

Oh Yeah
    Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypter View Post
    Do you not care about the price of anything? Just pay it and bend over for the rape?
    Done, done, and Iím on to the next one...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2