• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Are we tracking gas prices in relation to Syria? Are you keeping your tank full? How will the Labor Day weekend be affected?

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    They are just happy to have a new excuse to put on their wheel of excuses. When it has nothing to do with Labor day either. It is all greed based on because they can, they know we are stuck.

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    I have noticed that mid week, every week, for the last month or so gas goes up 20-30 cents per gallon, then the price trickles down for the next few days. I don't think Syria had anything to do with that...seems like manipulation to me.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I guess the other end is to not readily volunteer to use the expensive stuff. I have a fair amount of driving planned this weekend, but do I really have to? :dunno:

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You guys realize it has less to do with the traders and more to do with the buying habits of the consumers right? If more people travel the weekend of Labor Day, then its not devious for gas to go up that month. Thats what happens when demand increases.

Enkrypter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    New Palestine, IN
    Syria has been going on for 3 years now. If it hasn't affected us yet it wont now. Obama will never send troops there or get involved. He's the biggest sackless president this nation has ever seen.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Regardless of whether you guys are right or wrong with your reasons for gas increases, the news is reporting their sources say that Syria is the reason.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    They are just happy to have a new excuse to put on their wheel of excuses. When it has nothing to do with Labor day either. It is all greed based on because they can, they know we are stuck.

This. People can say it's all about how much consumers use but I don't see this as being true. What about the big jumps mid or late weak just out of the blue? I'm talking 10 or more cents a gallon. And I'm not talking about holiday weekends.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    I don't think so. Let some missiles fly and watch Iran close the straits of Hormuz and see what gas goes to then. This is a dicey situation for sure. The Brits have balked and the Pres is left looking for a face saving option that has. The Russians willing to play hardball. Obama is kinda in a spot. If he shoots, Israel is endangered gas shoots up, and Russia is pissed at us again. If he doesn't then the US is left looking weak and teeth less. Iran and Russia are emboldened and AQ is strengthened. We the people lose either way.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I topped off last weekend when gas was still $3.27 in Bedford. Had $0.30/gal discount at JayC so I took the gas-cans and took every gallon I could at $2.97. I plan to ride these higher prices out with my stock-pile of gas. I should be able to ride it out until October before I have to buy more at the pump...

Enkrypter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    New Palestine, IN
    Who cares what price it is or why the prices are so high? The price is the price and you don't have any control over it. People worry about it too much. They will rape you regardless.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Who cares what price it is or why the prices are so high? The price is the price and you don't have any control over it. People worry about it too much. They will rape you regardless.

Because #1 by speculating we can prepare and hedge against price increases and #2 because for some people it may make the financial difference of being able to buy certain preps (or other items) or not. So those people need to prepare themselves for higher gas-prices.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Gas has receded here where I live. Dropped about $.25 a gallon since last week. Still about $.20 a gallon higher just down south. Still$3.75 where I work. Hope it all blows over.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Do you not care about the price of anything? Just pay it and bend over for the rape?

Top Bottom