• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bonkers4Bacon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Fields of Green
    Just curious what everyone's working situation is like and what would happen/what you would do if S were to HTF while you were there.

For me, its a multiple level office building. This would be a bad place to be at the beggining of STHF. We could seal off the building pretty easy, but there are a lot of people here and only a couple vending machines on each floor. We would probably have to leave after a couple days. Plus if the building were sealed off with an "infected" or two in here without knowing, everyone would very soon be in a bad situation. I believe there is backup power here, however, so it might be a good place to come back to once you stock up. If the building were cleared of people and there is actually backup power, it would be a very easy place to fortify and hold out. There is a Gander Mountain, Home Depot, Marsh, and several restaurants within a couple mins of driving, so thats a +. So depending on when SHTF, its a toss up as to whether this would be a good place

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    The place was built to keep people in but also works very well to keep people out. With that being said, I would not hang around there for long. With what is inside and where it's at, it would go ugly early.

Bob

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    Iv'e got my GHB in my truck and i live 3miles from work. My wife knows the drill. Get home, pack up and GTFO! (GTFO = Get the F*** out, for those that don't know ;) )

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    How do you define SHTF in this case?? Are we pretending there's going to be hoards of zombies out there like "The Walking Dead" TV shows or something? Are we talking about an EMP/Solar Flare and nothing electronic is working? Are you talking about 4' of snow in everyone is staying the night? Are you talking about a sudden outbreak of a very dangerous and easily spread disease? Are you worried about a Nuke plant upwind having a meltdown?

I don't think Zombies are coming so I'm not worried about that. If I needed to grab a bag out of my trunk and make my last stand saving the last bullet for myself I could do that.

If all of a sudden for whatever reason nothing electronic is working I have a bag in my trunk and I know the routes to get home. There's a summer route that's shorter and involves a river crossing, and there's a winter route that's another mile or two but won't give me hypothermia.

f there's a pile of snow that shows up and nobody can leave, then I grab a different bag out of the trunk and bring in some food & blankets to share with everyone who's stuck for the night.

If there's a sudden outbreak of disease I'm going to go home to stay there with my family till it's over. I'll be monitoring the regular FM radio and Ham frequencies to get updates on the situation.

If a nuke plant upwind has a meltdown I'll collect my family and get out of dodge asap. If we have time, we'll grab additional supplies out of the man cave and hit the road.

Basically whatever SHTF would mean that day, we'll deal with it and drive on. I'd also make a point to alert all friends and family to do likewise.

Justus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    not in Indy
    Just curious what everyone's working situation is like and what would happen/what you would do if S were to HTF while you were there.

For me, its a multiple level office building. This would be a bad place to be at the beggining of STHF. We could seal off the building pretty easy, but there are a lot of people here and only a couple vending machines on each floor. We would probably have to leave after a couple days. Plus if the building were sealed off with an "infected" or two in here without knowing, everyone would very soon be in a bad situation. I believe there is backup power here, however, so it might be a good place to come back to once you stock up. If the building were cleared of people and there is actually backup power, it would be a very easy place to fortify and hold out. There is a Gander Mountain, Home Depot, Marsh, and several restaurants within a couple mins of driving, so thats a +. So depending on when SHTF, its a toss up as to whether this would be a good place

Nothing but a true blizzard would keep me at work and I would probably already know that was coming and would have left early. If you're worried about infectious disease, put a kit together ahead of time that will allow you to travel home.

Bonkers4Bacon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Fields of Green
    How do you define SHTF in this case?? Are we pretending there's going to be hoards of zombies out there like "The Walking Dead" TV shows or something? Are we talking about an EMP/Solar Flare and nothing electronic is working? Are you talking about 4' of snow in everyone is staying the night? Are you talking about a sudden outbreak of a very dangerous and easily spread disease? Are you worried about a Nuke plant upwind having a meltdown?

Well I mentioned "infected" so that could apply to the zombies or the disease outbreak

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    We have a plan in place. The whole base is a GFZ, but I have a number of knives in my bag and in my truck. My building is two stories, I'm fairly close to the truck to secure a club and bigger knife. The plan for the building is to secure doors, help people out the clearest safest path away from the "event"...get to the outside as quickly as possible. We are a remote location with plenty of places to get away if you can just get outside.

I will not be hiding. I will be helping people get out, secure the legal weapons I have in my truck, help in any way I can until security arrives.

Bonkers4Bacon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Fields of Green
    We have a plan in place. The whole base is a GFZ, but I have a number of knives in my bag and in my truck. My building is two stories, I'm fairly close to the truck to secure a club and bigger knife. The plan for the building is to secure doors, help people out the clearest safest path away from the "event"...get to the outside as quickly as possible. We are a remote location with plenty of places to get away if you can just get outside.

I will not be hiding. I will be helping people get out, secure the legal weapons I have in my truck, help in any way I can until security arrives.

In terms of weaponry, I dont have access to anything really effective. I am fairly far away from my vehicle at work and we are also a GFZ. I have my SOG EDC folder but thats it. I would have to get creative.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    In terms of weaponry, I dont have access to anything really effective. I am fairly far away from my vehicle at work and we are also a GFZ. I have my SOG EDC folder but thats it. I would have to get creative.

Got a BFK in the truck and a folder on me. The club in the truck I picked up in Jo-Burg. It's better than nothing at all.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    SHTF (even at work) is such a open-ended term...what came 1st to my mind was being confronted by a carload of gangstas in an alley while working on an electrical service with a couple of co-workers. They got triangulated and left with a quickness, then the foreman called a cigarette break. Make room for cigs in your BOB if you smoke!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I have been thinking about this intermittently all day, and here is my conclusion:

If the SHTF at work, the DEMAND THAT YOUR BOSS BUY A NEW FAN!

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Improvise, adapt, overcome. I am heading for home, in any way that I can. Nothing outweighs getting home to be with family. I can walk 5 miles per hour. I can ride a bicycle at 20 miles per hour. The earlier I leave, the sooner I get home.

Top Bottom