• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Saw part of it. Seemed like a survival boot camp sort of thing. He trained 'em gave them some tools and sent 'em out to survive a night alone. Did those guys some good it seemed.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Saw a couple shows. Hands on, as a team, then one on one doing their own things. Proud of those guys, and Creek Stewart seems confident. Wouldn't mind a quick 4hr couple of sessions for bushcraft. Hard to get away for 3 days at a time.

catfishjn69

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    West side of Indy
    not as bad as some of the shows I kinda think it falls above alot of the shows. Creek seems to e genuine and not over the top. really more of a teaching show then alot of sensational entertainment. BTW everytime I go to the woods it is "Fat Guy in the Woods"
    catfish

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Neat show. I appreciate that it doesn't pretend to be the end all be all of survival.

Some of the other survival shows are either celebrity shows, or they recruit absurd people for sake of drame. I like how 'Fat Guys' is about regular people who actually work together on bushcraft related projects.

I also enjoy seeing some of the older guys who "used to be" avid hunters or former military get back out there and use their skills, instead of just puffing up and arguing with their team mates.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Willow Haven offers some Saturday courses on Wilderness Survival 101, Snares and Traps, and stuff like that. I was looking at the schedules but didn't see any prices. I'd enjoy a one day course on primitive trapping skills. I guess they already got renewed for season 2, I'd like to see a show or two with youth involved.

Balinor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2008
    Creek seems like the real deal without the whole zombie scare tactics more of a "hey if you want to do this this is how I do it" type of thing. Never been able to get time to do a weekend session but am still trying to fit it into the schedule.

Last edited:

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I thought it was hilarious. I DID like how they worked together to build their wikkiup, and then alone on their own shelters. That's the kind of stuff we used to do down on the banks of the old Mississinewa for ships and giggles. We had a lot of fun with that stuff.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    Did notice one thing, none of these guys seemed to be suffering from starvation by the end. IF THE Shtf ,all you skinny guys are in trouble. ...

Top Bottom