• ...and so much more!
  • BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    Things I learned watching Walking Dead:

1. You can shoot as many shots as you want and you'll never totally run out of bullets.
    2. Anytime you're in a group of people somewhere in a very unsafe place, one person will ALWAYS wander off alone.
    3. Even in a Zombie apocalypse, women apparently all find the time to shave their armpits.

Black Cloud

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Brownsburg
    The most unrealistic thing about The Walking Dead is the obvious lack of zombie-sharks with lasers on their heads. Idiots missed the boat on that one.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    I've been a HUGE fan of the show since very early in Season 1. As much as I'm enjoying this season, at some point, the formula is going to get tired. The group faces a crisis/threat, gets separated, comes back together, lather-rinse-repeat.

But it hasn't gotten old for me just yet.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish

They make a few good points but some of their ideas are super fail for the same reason we don't currently have world peace. But the biggest thing they are missing here is this:

its a a fictional TV show for the love of Pete. If you want to see post apocalyptic cooperation and general survival of old pharmacists valued more for their knowledge than their wares you will need to make the show yourself. No one else will because BORING.

bigdaddy1427

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It is really amazing that the lawns in all of the neighborhoods still seem well groomed. The grass does not seem to have grown in three years. Maybe the zombies are existing on a part vegetarian diet.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They make a few good points but some of their ideas are super fail for the same reason we don't currently have world peace. But the biggest thing they are missing here is this:

its a a fictional TV show for the love of Pete. If you want to see post apocalyptic cooperation and general survival of old pharmacists valued more for their knowledge than their wares you will need to make the show yourself. No one else will because BORING.
    I actually did see a documovie on Discovery (I think) about one family's survival story in the aftermath of a magical TEOTWAKI event. The father injured himself on a broken screen door and went the way of the father in The Road. Ultimately, the son grew up in a community living the Collectivist dream.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I actually did see a documovie on Discovery (I think) about one family's survival story in the aftermath of a magical TEOTWAKI event. The father injured himself on a broken screen door and went the way of the father in The Road. Ultimately, the son grew up in a community living the Collectivist dream.

To CathyInBlue,

I think I saw this one as well. Did it start with dad as a paramedic with mom and son on the road? I remember a scene where junior refused to eat a snake they caught and cooked.

I don't remember that dad croaked at the end, but that he had hurt his arm on a door and really needed antibiotics.

It did do a good attempt with interviews with "experts" to discuss the problems and issues survivors would face along the way.

Edit: This is what I saw, "After Armageddon." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eym4PwHmUvI

Regards,

Doug

Last edited:

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011

Didn't they already make that one? I think it was called Battlestar Galactica

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I've been a HUGE fan of the show since very early in Season 1. As much as I'm enjoying this season, at some point, the formula is going to get tired. The group faces a crisis/threat, gets separated, comes back together, lather-rinse-repeat.

But it hasn't gotten old for me just yet.

I have to agree, although there are points of the show that leave you thinking that someone should have done a bit of research on certain things. But for the most part for being a TV series its done pretty well I think.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I just noticed that a few of the cops last night were using Shields. I think they came out in 2012.

This zombie apocalypse started in 2010 - well after the Shield came out. That would mean that Smith was in production after the zombie apocalypse started. That's it, I am going to apply at S&W. That is where I will be safe.

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    I just noticed that a few of the cops last night were using Shields. I think they came out in 2012.

This zombie apocalypse started in 2010 - well after the Shield came out. That would mean that Smith was in production after the zombie apocalypse started. That's it, I am going to apply at S&W. That is where I will be safe.
    How do you know the Zpoc started in 2010? It could have been "The Near Future."

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Good read - all valid points. Much of this has already been hashed out in the walking dead thread that's been going for a long time.

It's television and obviously what would really happen doesn't make for good tv - for a number of seasons...or maybe it would! Guys like me would like it. We often grumble about how things would really go down and that "nobody's that stupid" - it's tv.

Why do we watch? Because it's entertaining. OH! and this:

340362_v1.jpg

Top Bottom