• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NavyVet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Marshall County
    Pulled the trigger on one... Have a couple of UV-5R's and looking forward to a little more power with this radio...

If anyone has one of these that needs to be programmed in the Plymouth / Bremen / Nappanee area, I will be more than happy to help you out. Have the programming cables and software to do the UV3 / UV5 / UV-82 / BF-F8 series radios...

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    Pulled the trigger on one... Have a couple of UV-5R's and looking forward to a little more power with this radio...

If anyone has one of these that needs to be programmed in the Plymouth / Bremen / Nappanee area, I will be more than happy to help you out. Have the programming cables and software to do the UV3 / UV5 / UV-82 / BF-F8 series radios...

Quick question- can these be programmed using the CHIRP freeware?

Pappy KG9KF

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Warning

Always make sure you are using the latest daily build of Chirp. Using an .img file from an older radio and and older version of chirp will cause your radio to not receive unless you hold down the moni button. It can be fixed but its a pain.

tonybia

Marksman
    Rating - 88.9%
    7   1   1
    Apr 24, 2013
    Hey guys! I bought 3 Baofeng uv5r radios with a programming cable about a year ago. I think I might even have a programming disk. However it seems that I am not technical enough to do the programming. I was wondering if there was any kind soul that would not mind "educating" me and showing me how to do it as ( well in realty probably doing it for me....) well as maybe showing me how these work and what is the most pragmatic ways to utilize these radios. Of course I am more than happy to supply beverages or some other incentive of interest to the volunteer that would not mind spending an evening ( I am assuming an evening would be long enough) to do so. I am in the Fort Wayne area and would love it if I could stay local. However beggars cannot be choosers so I am willing to do what I need to. Sorry for slightly changing gears here in this thread......

T

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I can program them for you but consider learning to do yourself, it will help you understand the radio. The web page Miklor.com has detailed instructions. Once you get to the point where you can connect your radio to Chirp let me know and I will send you the FW file.

If you want in on the next comms class pm me.

Top Bottom