• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    Looking for some recommendations for a new vacuum sealer. My food saver brand one has capped out after many years. I bought a new kenmoore one last fall, never used it till last week and it's already burnt out. So I'm looking for recommendations for a heavy duty vacuum sealer. May go back to food saver but the one I had was finicky with bag choices. Thoughts?

Ward250

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 12, 2015
    Down South
    Just got the wife a zip lock brand one last week, she's packing away a lot of stuff over this holiday weekend.... no issues so far. Works with the great value bags, which are much cheaper.

BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    65   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    I've been using my wacheapy Zip lock sealer for about three yeas now . No bells or whistles , sure gets the job done though .

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    Check out the Foodsaver web site, they have several models with various prices. You can find some of them @ Kohls & Macy's. In the last 20 years I have burned up 1 and am going on 10 years with the second one. I use Foodsaver brand bags and have had very few problems with them. Many deer, fish, and hundreds of pounds of bulk meat have been processed, not to mention all the camping stuff I have sealed to keep it dry. I have found some commercial units available but they are high priced.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Got a Foodsaver from Amazon, and another on sale from Woot. After a short learning curve it is easy to use. Failure to seal is slightly more common with non-Foodsaver bags, but they are cheap enough to offset this.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Have had good luck with the Foodsaver, wife really likes the vacuum jars for lettuce.

Top Bottom