• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clarity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    I realize that this subject was brought up before, and the thread was totally jacked (as many are here), but this company seriously has a powder product that, when mixed with oil and water, is supposed to provide all your nutritional needs. I couldn't find the stats, but I heard an interview on NPR with the founder, and he claimed that the powder would last for years if properly stored. Think powdered "Ensure" or similar. This could be something for a SHTF scenario, depending on how well it stores and if it has the nutritional properties that it claims. Anyone know anything about it? (Other than "IT'S PEOPLE!!!!," or some Charlton Heston joke.)

https://www.soylent.com/product/powder/

Clarity

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2012
    I think if one is eating his or her SHTF food, there will be bigger things to worry about that eating soy. I don't imagine that MREs and freeze dried textured protein are the pinnacle of good health either.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I think if one is eating his or her SHTF food, there will be bigger things to worry about that eating soy. I don't imagine that MREs and freeze dried textured protein are the pinnacle of good health either.

Yup.
    Death in the long term is better than starving in the short term.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009

Exactly. When I even mention canned soup as a cheap SHTF food, I get the same "high in sodium" speech.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If Soy is harmful, why do Japanese people eat so much of it and still live so long?

Errr.
    Did you read the articles?

[h=2]Debunking The Asian Soy Myth[/h]But, people say, what about Asians? They eat soy every day, and they’re so healthy!
    In this article by Nina Planck, she writes:

The Japanese and Chinese eat 10 grams of soy per day — about two teaspoons. Yet a soy manufacturer recommends Americans eat ten times what the Japanese eat — 100 grams of soy protein per day. In The Soy Zone, Barry Sears recommends a daily diet of a minimum of 50 grams of soy, and up to 75 grams for women and 100 grams for men.
    It’s like red wine: a glass or two a day may be good for you; a bottle or two every day rots your liver.

dirtfarmerz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2010
    Henry County
    If Soy is harmful, why do Japanese people eat so much of it and still live so long?

They eat a lot of fish/fish oil and vegetables. Most of their soy is fermented, like tofu and soy sauce. It takes 21 days to ferment the toxins out of soy. A lot of the soy that is eaten as fermented food in Japan is just thickened, flavored and not fermented in America. Americans eat non-fermented soy products like soy chips, roasted soy nuts, and drink soy milk. Partially hydrogenated soybean oil is one of the worst things Americans eat. There was a reason the government told us coconut oil was bad, but soybean oil was good. If you're sick, you will beg for healthcare. 50 years ago on his radio program, Ronald Reagan warned us that people wanted to control us through healthcare. It shouldn't surprise you that during that same period of time the government and Monsanto were pushing soybean products. They convinced the American public that soybean oil was good, but coconut oil was bad for our health; the opposite was/is true. Monsanto also brought us GMO food and they owned the aspartame brand just after it was invented. American children are sickly because of the modern baby formulas that contain soy and corn. 80% of the corn in the U.S. is GMO.

Ronald Reagan warned us:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYrlDlrLDSQ

The Whole Soy Story with The Naughty Nutritionist | Just another WordPress site

The Whole Soy Story: The Dark Side of America's Favorite Health Food

Last edited:
    Top Bottom