• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    So I noticed this news article today... something about a planet number 9 passing by our planet through our solar system this coming year in 2017. I chuckled to myself when I thought of planet Nibiru that was s'posed to have passed by in 2012 with that Mayan calendar craziness. Turns out this planet 9 may actually have some science behind it. Seems strange anomalies are being recorded in gravitational pulls and orbits and whatnots- as usual Nasa can neither confirm nor deny the existence of this "planet 9" that is some 10 times larger than the earth. Go figure. Allegedly this thing passes through every 3,600 yrs. causing great cataclysms in its wake. Anyways, Im going to let you all do your own homework on this topic, just thought I'd throw this out there and see what my fellow INGO'ers had to say... thanks.

gewehr3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    I would imagine any planet sized object would be visible by amateur astronomers for years before it came close to the inner solar system.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    NASA never a straight answer. Nibiru is the home planet of the Anunnaki our creators. We should throw a welcome home party...

mastery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Here
    Great, another contingency we have to prep for. Collision with another planet. Wonder if Lowe's has a sale going on big fans we can use to blow it off course...

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I'm not worried about that. If it happens there's not a dammed thing anyone will be able to do to stop it. So **** it.

At least I hope I get to see it approaching.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Source of this "news" article?

An object 10x the size of earth is bigger than Saturn, BTW.

If it's the maybe extant planet that I read about back in the summer, it's expected to be between 10 and 30 times Earth's mass, which would be up to about the size of Neptune. It's also supposed to orbit about or so 90 AU from the sun, so "pass through" certainly isn't accurate. (Again, if it exists, which certainly isn't yet determined.)

Most likely this is nonsense combined with just enough reality to sound real.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I don't know about seeing it but anything that is 10 times Earth's size is very definitely going to have a huge GRAVITATIONAL footprint. If there were really such a planet due next year it would have to already be well into the solar system and we would know it was there.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    If it's the maybe extant planet that I read about back in the summer, it's expected to be between 10 and 30 times Earth's mass, which would be up to about the size of Neptune. It's also supposed to orbit about or so 90 AU from the sun, so "pass through" certainly isn't accurate. (Again, if it exists, which certainly isn't yet determined.)

Just to give folks some idea about how far away 90 AU is:
    xHfFm.png

Even Pluto averages only 39.5 AU distance.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Translation: clickbait

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Saw an article about this over the summer as well.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet_Nine

There are a bunch of planet-sized Kuiper Belt objects with interesting orbits. Don't know about a "close call" with Earth. Though, in galactic terms, what's a few hundred AU?

It's nearly impossible to wrap your mind around the distances involved from our known perspective.

59eb4258d5c0d79e9bce51c7c3b0d4a9674b9921.jpg

It's just numbers without context.

Top Bottom