• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    It's 1984 already! Big Brother and his minions are watching everything you do and recording it so as to use it against you in the future sometime.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Scary isn't it how "free" we are, secure in our rights to privacy.

I wonder if it freaks The Watchers out if as we walk down a street, we make it a point to try to find and stare at every camera around?

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    For the show, wear a cap and glasses to throw facial recognition cameras. Don't use your cell phone, pick up a burner. Stay away from the ATM, use your cash from a stash you should have readily available.

I haven't watched it yet, just throwing those off the top of my head. Any other tips?

redleg16

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    You would think so, but folks can't stay off of social media, plus most are ignorant of what the authorities have access to, friends and some family seem to be the weak links.

JBP239

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2016
    Danville
    I watched it for the first time yesterday. It's an interesting show, I enjoyed it. A couple of the participants were not too bright and got caught quickly. The one couple that started out going into the swamp/woods should have stayed there, the key is staying away from friends and family that everyone would expect you to contact. They got caught once they went to a friends house that had commented about them on social media.

I was impressed by the team that used a friend as a diversion by renting a car in his name and going a different direction.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    For the show, wear a cap and glasses to throw facial recognition cameras. Don't use your cell phone, pick up a burner. Stay away from the ATM, use your cash from a stash you should have readily available.

I haven't watched it yet, just throwing those off the top of my head. Any other tips?
    Haven't seen any 'facial recognition' yet, (maybe some digital analysis coming up though). Doesn't mean it can't be done, but they can gain access to any footage they like. Most of the time it won't be 'live' feeds though...
    As for cash, in a normal fled scenario that's good advice. IIRC, that's part of the rules here. Only $500 in an account, which can be accessed $100 at a time.

I'll add that most of the tracking has centered around the good 'ole friends & family type surveillance of your 'circle of trust' (generally gleaned from social media)
    Even with a burner, once you make ONE call to a known associate that burner is garbage. If you must, borrow a phone from a stranger. But don't call anyone you know, cause they're listening.

Able to be self-sufficient for 4 weeks and drop all contact with technology & the outside world? They'll never find you...

The piece I found interesting was the USPS photo database of every envelope they process. Also seems to use optical character recognition to index all the addresses & return addresses.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

tips to disappear?
    Forget your old life and everyone in it forever. No more digital anything forever Blend in plain sight in a medium size average and conservative leaning town or city. And a ball cap and sun glasses won't defeat facial recognition. Also seeding misinformation. Rent an apartment and start getting mail in a city you never plan on going to. Get a cell phone in your name and start making calls to moving companies and businesses in that city. Don't forget to call friends and family too. And let them know you will be moving. Make a big footprint. Make it look like your running there. Even better if you do it in multiple places. And this is all before you even run. After zero hour you are done. No more
    old life. No more old ways. You are a new person. Being on the run the right way isn't cheap. That's a start.
    id like to play their little game for a chance to win that much money. I'd never want to be on the run for real though. You'll probably die young. Better off just to take your punishment and get out and live better.

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    It's interesting, I've watched both so far, just to pick out the stupids! The show, is made up reality, made to entertain. These people KNEW they were running, and no one had anything ready? Give me time to "game" their game, and I'm ghost! I'm NEVER an hour away from my go bag, and it has the necessities to get me gone for 28 days easily. Hell, dump the phone and car at the ATM, take your hundo, and walk away. Next week, hit another ATM for the next hundo, walk away...Even in a city as small as Indy, you can disappear on very little for a limited time. As TT stated, really running is expensive, and few can detach themselves enough to do it successfully.

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    it is still a TV show.. some reality to it. The handicap which will get all of them caught is they are only allowed $500 and they can only take it out in $100 increments. No using their stashed cash.

social media kills most peoples chances too.

amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    Having watched this show for a couple of episodes and the ease with which they catch the participants, I don't understand how any criminal stays free for more than 2 weeks or so. The "hunters" are all ex FBI, CIA, SHERIFF, MI6, ARMY INTELLIGENCE, you name it. They seem to have access to every known means of electronic surveillance. 90% of the methods used to catch the folks is the result of contact with known relatives, friends, or co workers.

Most of the fugitives don't seem to have a clue about being prepared to live off the grid for 4 weeks. It is an interesting show. So far, none of the pairs have lasted more than 2 weeks on the lamb !

Top Bottom