ALERT!!! Pork shoulder roasts 99c per pound at KROGER. That is all.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Time to stock up!

My local Kroger had boneless pork loin for 99c per pound sometime last spring. I bought 350 lbs. The kids never had it so good.

Back in 2011 GFS had brisket for something like 89c a pound for the whole summer. We smoked brisket every week that summer, and all the adults loved it, but most kids just tried to put ketchup on it.

(I'm the director of a summer camp.)

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    60 degree weekend and $1 per lb pork shoulders? Methinks my smoker will be belching light whiffs of smoke and porky goodness all weekend. I'll be belching whiffs of hops and barley of course :)

Last edited:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    60 degree weekend and $1 per lb pork shoulders? Methinks my smoker will be belching light whiffs of smoke and porky goodness all weekend. I'll be belching whiffs of hops and barley of course :)

Just purchased a pitmaster IQ110 for the smoker..... need to break it in.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Pork shoulder + my Big Green Egg = low and slooooooow smokes

pulled pork on sunday, pulled pork nachos on monday, pulled pork fajitas on tuesday

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Just purchased a pitmaster IQ110 for the smoker..... need to break it in.

I thought they kept my IQ secret! I am suing for trademark infringement or is it copyright or maybe hmmm I need to think about this more

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Niiiiice! Color me jealous. I'm still a manual operator. One of these days I may go high tech. Post up a review if you have time.

Will do! I've got a butt in fridge in some brine, going on in a handful of hours from now.

AWESOME piece of equipment! No fiddling with the adjustments at all and it kept a constant temp all dang day.
    One mistake I made was to cut my charcoal in 1/2 of what I would normally use, not enough for a full run.
    BUT I got 8 solid hours of consistent temp out of half a load without touching it.
    I added another 1/2 load and still have leftover after the 11 hrs. Full load would get me a 12 hour run no problem.

Got up around 5 and lit the grill, used a wax cube and let it burn out, threw the diffuser and pan on and the meat on the grate.
    Clipped the probe next to the meat and closed the lid, set the air control to the 1/2 way mark, set the top damper "almost" closed and the temp dial to about 230.
    About 15 minutes later the light was in the green and I went back to bed, got up around 10 and the light was still in the green (at temp).
    About noon I saw the light start to blink low temp and added some more fuel. Closed it up and it was back up to temp in about 10 minutes and stayed there until dinner tonight.
    DIDN'T have to baby sit at all or adjust anything.

About 11 lbs. for about 11 hrs. @ 230

IMG_2742_zpscd9wqegy.jpg

It was wanting to come apart when I tried to pick it up.... :drool:

This was heaping full before the house locusts got wind of it....

IMG_2743_zpsrd1gz6m4.jpg

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    The fire place store in greentown has blues hog Tennessee red. It's a vinegar based finishing sauce that's amazing on pulled pork.

Top Bottom