• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatchhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    So the S has H the F... Now AR's and AK's, and nice HD shotguns are GREAT, but say you want to arm 6 or 7 other comrades or you dont have the hundreds of dollars to spend? I know I dont have 7 AR's..:xmad: Further yet say you want a weapons cache, stow away some guns out somewhere that need to be able to be used and maybe ditched, disposable guns if you will. Guns for the basic guy to use, to arm as many people as possible or for someone to get on the cheap so at least they have a fighting chance. Lets say around $150 give or take. Mosin's? Single shot shotguns or Toppers? Handi rifles? Hi Point carbines? .22's?
    What would be the best in this situation? What say you...??:popcorn:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Hi-Points and Mosin-Nagants for rifles, Mossy Maverick 88s for shotguns (that'd be the upper end of the budget; used, maybe?), and Eastern Bloc mil-surp (CZ52, Tokarev, PA63s, etc) for handguns.

Sasquatchhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    A Mosin sure would do the trick caliber wise. Its got a greater range than a (mm carbine, but on the other hand the Carbine has the semi auto goin for it.

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    Can't imagine a more cost effective way to cache rifles and ammo than the Mosin. A guy could buy six mosins and a sealed case of ammo, spend a day at the range zeroing the rifles and testing the ammo, clean and oil the rifles and put the ammo away in a couple of spare GI ammo cans and effectively arm six people for about a grand.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Hi-Points and Mosin-Nagants for rifles, Mossy Maverick 88s for shotguns (that'd be the upper end of the budget; used, maybe?), and Eastern Bloc mil-surp (CZ52, Tokarev, PA63s, etc) for handguns.

I'd pretty well agree with all he's saying. Especially the Mosins.. that's why I've got 2 and want more. :D

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    22lr with a decent scope. These have been used as sniper rifles for many years in the early american millitary. And the 22lr has killed more people than any other round. Its a way underrated round.

redneck919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2009
    southside
    id say all of these guns that have been listed would be pretty good.however say you did have a carbine or a mosin.if you needed ammo what would the chances that you would be able to find it?thats where the shotgun comes in.they have ammo for shotguns just about everywhere.theres always a good supply of it.just pointing it out that if it does it the fan and your ammo supply runs out theres always the shotgun.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    22lr with a decent scope. These have been used as sniper rifles for many years in the early american millitary. And the 22lr has killed more people than any other round. Its a way underrated round.

Really?? Any links that talk about this? Never would have guessed.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Really?? Any links that talk about this? Never would have guessed.

Yup, And thats with old school standard velocity ammunition. Modern hyper velocity .22lr packs as much energy as a 380 from a 16" barrel; thats twice what it had originally. In the last 10 years the .22lr has literally received a 100% increase in power.

I still don't recommend .22 as a primary carry, but for a BUG why not? If I were to have the misfortune of stumbling into an altercation, and only had my MKIII, i would feel just fine; I can shoot that gun more accurately and reload faster than any other I own.

Top Bottom