• ...and so much more!
  • EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    "3 месяца ? Бежал бы за границу ? (шутка)"

"Three MONTHS!? Get out of the country! (LOL)" That may be a good idea in Bosnia, but where will one escape to from Amerika? MexiCanada? Yup, keep gold and silver to buy real stuff. Use your worth-**** paper dollars to start a fire. Great article. Beware Zombies and Aliens. EBG

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I think is a re-post but from like a year ago but I love that you posted it because I was looking for this. It's hands down my favorite SHTF survival blog out there. Very glad it was found again. Something stuck out at me from this blog:

"Nobody used automobiles in the city: the streets were blocked by wreckage and by abandoned cars."

"Items and supplies will inevitably run out, but your skills will keep you fed."

Going back to the subject if knife steel during SHTF, this is why I was so adamant about learning how to "find" knife steel rather than store it. Personally though a knife is a make once, sell once, nonconsumable product. That dude referenced that knew how to make kerosene - knowing how to make a consumable product that people will keep using up and coming back to you to get, now THAT is a great skill to have. That and shoe repair, like he said.

Pitchfork

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    South Bend Area
    Thank you for posting this! I had seen where either this guy or another from the same situation had begun sellin his information as a training service website- i think in the $20 range. It's great to have a short exerpt of his words.

*edit* my google fu is failing, cant find the training site

Last edited:

Shroom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2009
    Middletown, IN
    Wow amazing story. Did this guy write a book or anything besides this? I would the to read a day by day tale of surviving in a real SHTF scenario.

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    I found it interesting how much emphasis he put on the need for defense and firearms. I'm not surprised by the reality of it but rather find it interesting to see reactions by some American readers who insist that other preps are far more important.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    I found it interesting how much emphasis he put on the need for defense and firearms. I'm not surprised by the reality of it but rather find it interesting to see reactions by some American readers who insist that other preps are far more important.

Seemed to me he pointed out being part of a group was the only way to survive even if you were well armed.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

I think that is because preps actually should be for a wide-ranging spectrum of emergencies. Family member hurt? Knowing first aid and having supplies is important. Power out for 3 days due to a major ice storm? Having food, water, and heating supplies are quite valuable. House burning down and you have to rush out? A well equipped go bag would be very valuable.

Each of these are more likely than complete societal breakdown where firearms and thousands of rounds of ammo might pay off. Feel free to prepare for the worst case, but don't ignore the more common personal, local, or regional disasters.

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Seemed to me he pointed out being part of a group was the only way to survive even if you were well armed.

Actually that's where I was going, just didn't clarify.

I think that is because preps actually should be for a wide-ranging spectrum of emergencies. Family member hurt? Knowing first aid and having supplies is important. Power out for 3 days due to a major ice storm? Having food, water, and heating supplies are quite valuable. House burning down and you have to rush out? A well equipped go bag would be very valuable.

Each of these are more likely than complete societal breakdown where firearms and thousands of rounds of ammo might pay off. Feel free to prepare for the worst case, but don't ignore the more common personal, local, or regional disasters.

I agree 100%, prepare for the worst, expect the best.

Top Bottom