• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roisigns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Oct 5, 2011
    cincy
    I read a couple of books about the French Resistance earlier this year. I'm sure that WROL existed in some parts of France for brief periods.

Were there WROL situations in the 20th century that lasted for more than a month? If so, I suspect that they resulted from war or civil war.

I've heard that [STRIKE]Albania[/STRIKE] Bosnia had something close.

Last edited:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I read a couple of books about the French Resistance earlier this year. I'm sure that WROL existed in some parts of France for brief periods.

Were there WROL situations in the 20th century that lasted for more than a month? If so, I suspect that they resulted from war or civil war.

I've heard that [STRIKE]Albania[/STRIKE] Bosnia had something close.

You cant say that French Resistance during WW2 occupied France was WROL.
    You still had working police forces, both foreign (German) and domestic (French police and gendarmerie) and pretty much everything running as usual, including the judiciary system even though it was war.
    The members of the Resistance could get arrested and face trial for their actions, many were arrested and killed by the Germans.
    It was not civil war with people shooting at eachother and nobody following the laws anymore.

The French Revolution is a better example of WROL, you could do pretty much everything you wanted for months and get away with it.
    Many members of the clergy and the nobility got killed and people got away with it because nobody was really in power for a while.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Bosnia, Zimbabwe, mexico for the past few years, Iraq, Afghanistan, Argentina, lots of places for a month or more at a time, most often associated with an ongoing war or economic collapse.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    Bosnia, Zimbabwe, mexico for the past few years, Iraq, Afghanistan, Argentina, lots of places for a month or more at a time, most often associated with an ongoing war or economic collapse.

So are you suggesting that short of all out war on American soil, based on recent history, it appears we should focus our preps on a 1 to 3 month WROL scenario rather than a much longer timeframe?

roisigns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Oct 5, 2011
    cincy
    So are you suggesting that short of all out war on American soil, based on recent history, it appears we should focus our preps on a 1 to 3 month WROL scenario rather than a much longer timeframe?

That is the conclusion I'm coming to. And I believe that a home invasion is 100,000 times more likely than any WROL scenario.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010

I prepare for such. But I also prepare for a longer time frame of WROL. But I find both of those scenarios to be very unlikely. For an extended time of WROL I think you would have to line up 2-3 or more LARGE disasters in a pretty horrendous sequence. Possible yes. Probable no. But any potentiality should be acknowledge and thought about.

What I find almost certain is the slow deterioration of society to a more 3rd world status flocked with violence, thievery and such. This is a path we are already on. Food, shelter, and other necesities will increasinly take more and more of a persons income %. Oil/gas and other consumables will shoot up dramatically in price. Look at the collapses in Argentina and other countries. People still went to work, business still happened though at a much lower rate/pace, kinda like the depression we are in now, just worse.

That being said, through out history whenever there was no rule of law, it was relegated to a country or region. If it were to be bad enough to happen in the US I think it could be a global phenomenon much worse than history has proven.

Justin Case

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2012
    Brown County
    I prepare for such. But I also prepare for a longer time frame of WROL. But I find both of those scenarios to be very unlikely. For an extended time of WROL I think you would have to line up 2-3 or more LARGE disasters in a pretty horrendous sequence. Possible yes. Probable no. But any potentiality should be acknowledge and thought about.

What I find almost certain is the slow deterioration of society to a more 3rd world status flocked with violence, thievery and such. This is a path we are already on. Food, shelter, and other necesities will increasinly take more and more of a persons income %. Oil/gas and other consumables will shoot up dramatically in price. Look at the collapses in Argentina and other countries. People still went to work, business still happened though at a much lower rate/pace, kinda like the depression we are in now, just worse.

That being said, through out history whenever there was no rule of law, it was relegated to a country or region. If it were to be bad enough to happen in the US I think it could be a global phenomenon much worse than history has proven.

I agree the deterioration of society is already underway. A continued worsening of economic conditions combined with an increased dependence on the government for the basics, e.g., food, housing, medical care, retirement income, etc., will make it easier for those in power to control the masses. This is especially true with the aide of the news media and Hollywood spinning and redefining "right and wrong" to accomplish the liberal agenda.

Top Bottom