Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy Wing Chun View Post
    I'm not being a smart-ass, I'm just ignorant here.

I guess I don't know the whole issue behind all of this.

What is going on with this video and the internet ramblings? What's the story?

You can PM if you don't want to hi-jack the thread.
    This is what I found as the official AAR on the incident:
    EDINBURGH RISK AND SECURITY MANAGEMENT

The Edinburgh AAR, along with Yeager's action report, and "General Commnets on the Failings of Operation APOLLO" can be found here:
    http://www.defensereview.com/video-i...-on-biap-road/

The above are presented without comments or opinions.
    Last edited by NIFT; 08-09-2012 at 11:41.
    Robert E. Aldridge, NRA Certified Instructor, website: iftnra.com

What does any of this have to do with his ability to interview another instructor?

Esrice thank you for bring in information for us to watch, listen to, and THINK about.

Shooter
    it makes no sense to stand behind a car that is being shot at. maybe he thought they were all going to do the same thing?

Come on guys. We all know that cars stop all manner of bullets and projectiles. He must have been a weenie to not trust all that thick hardened steel they put on cars nowadays.
    http://www.PaladinCombatives.com/

Look at all of runaway Yeager's supporters coming out. Look I understand. You either really fancy the cut of his jib or you spent money on some of his stuff.

Point is. Don't try to put yourself out as an authority on the subject when you panic, can't get your car out of neutral, bail out, and run away leaving your team.

There is at least one person who knows the man on this board and knew him "over there" (not me) and if he wants to PM you the info that is up to him.

I for one think people like that should be hiding in the shadows and not standing out there trying to act like he is a tough guy selling his BS. How does that pertain to him interviewing another instructor? That's simple, he shouldn't be interviewing another instructor as some kind of authority himself.

Now if he wants to give a lesson on how he has learned not to put a manual transmission car in neutral and then forget how to get it in gear while under fire and then how not to run away leaving one's team mates that is another matter.

Oh and I don't like cowards. Period... and yes I've been in more than a few "dangerous situations" (most during my time as an leo) and did not run away.
    "You see, none of us chose our end really. A king may move a man, a father may claim a son. But remember that, even when those who move you be kings or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God you cannot say "but I was told by others to do thus" or that "virtue was not convinient at the time. This will not suffice. Remember that."

"Live with Honor, and let not your death be born by the pallbearers of, disgrace, cruelty, weakness and fear."

Quote Originally Posted by NIFT View Post
    This is what I found as the official AAR on the incident:
    EDINBURGH RISK AND SECURITY MANAGEMENT

The Edinburgh AAR, along with Yeager's action report, and "General Commnets on the Failings of Operation APOLLO" can be found here:
    Defense Review - Video: Iraqi Insurgents/Terrorists Ambush PMC/PSC PSD Team on BIAP Road

The above are presented without comments or opinions.
    Interesting stuff.

Based on the report it looks like everyone but Yeager was either actively engaging the enemy, providing support, moving wounded, and giving medical attention.

The guy next to you is unloading a hundred rounds from his saw has a stoppage, switches to his m4 and continues to fire at a white SUV and you fire 15 rounds (assuming 30 round mag) and can't identify where fire is coming from. Not to mention that other team members at another vehicle have also identified fire coming from the same white SUV. I wonder if he was even looking or he just held the m4 over his head fired about 15 rounds then booked for the median where you can't see anything.

"James Yeager was in a location at the median where he could not engage enemy forces as he did not have a line of fire from his location" which also conveniently means that the enemy did not have a line of fire on his location.

Hey not knocking his "save your own ass" tactics, they do work after all. He should teach that.

Of course the report could be wrong (which would also mean the reports of his surviving team members, who just love him, are lies as well).
    Last edited by thebishopp; 08-09-2012 at 15:10.
    "You see, none of us chose our end really. A king may move a man, a father may claim a son. But remember that, even when those who move you be kings or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God you cannot say "but I was told by others to do thus" or that "virtue was not convinient at the time. This will not suffice. Remember that."

"Live with Honor, and let not your death be born by the pallbearers of, disgrace, cruelty, weakness and fear."

..and yes I've been in more than a few "dangerous situations" (most during my time as an leo) and did not run away.
    What, a few poodles try and attack you?
    I sell guns and gun accessories! I will not bury my guns, I will not loose them in a boating accident, my guns will be used.

21ST Century Firearms INC.
    827 N Main ST
    Bluffton IN 46714
    260-824-5530

www.21stcenturyfirearms.com

Monday - Friday, 10:00 to 6:00, Saturday 9:00 to 4:00.

01FFL and SOT.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Britton View Post
    What, a few poodles try and attack you?
    Yep you know it.

edit... oh wait, was I supposed to puff out my chest and try to look tough by trying to "prove" how tough I am? LOL.
    Last edited by thebishopp; 08-09-2012 at 15:24.

Poodles are mean, this is fact!
    The original low speed, high drag operator.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvain
    "Tom is not only right all the time but he's also handsome"

Quote Originally Posted by WETSU View Post
    Bishop, which car were you in when this went down on Irish?
    In a soft skin 4 door HMMWV not to far away...

What do I win?!
    Last edited by jeremy; 08-09-2012 at 16:42.
    The reason I am Peaceful, is because I like Violence and Mayhem a little to much...

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast