Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Basic Personal Protection in the Home

Date: September 13th, 2014

Time: 8:30 am - 6:00 pm

Duration: 9 Hour Course

Cost:
    $75.00

Deposit: $25 and I will mail you the book prior to class.

Location: Sand Creek Conservation Club, 9010 N CR 1000W, Elizabethtown, IN 47232

Prerequisite: Students should have some shooting experience. NRA Basic Pistol, F.I.R.S.T., DD-214, Hoosier Hills Handgun Familiarization, Hoosier Hills BHHM, Columbus or Seymour PD Firearms Safety, Appleseed, Hunters Ed, FL/UT/AZ CWL, USPSA/IDPA competition or consent of instructors. Please feel free to contact me regarding these requirements. NRA F.I.R.S.T. is available to private groups prior to this course.

Online Registration: NRAInstructors.org - Portal for NRA certified Instructors, NRA Education and Training

NRA Personal Protection in the Home is the organization's introductory self defense course. This course is very introductory and suitable to a wide range of audiences. The class bridges the gap between a basic introduction to handgun course and what I would consider a traditional defensive pistol skills course. This course is split approximately 50/50 classroom and live fire. Students will be given a refresher in the NRA's 3 rules of firearms safety and have an open discussion about ethical responsibility, mindset, mental awareness, & psychological/physiological reactions to a shooting. Presentations also include discussion about the use of force. Students will fire approximately 100-150 rounds depending on experience level of those attending and of course ammunition availability. Live fire exercises include shooting fundamentals, firing multiple shots, cover/concealment and shooting from the kneeling position.

This is an NRA course so expect some political correctness, but I assure you that the topics and presentation are adult in nature.
    This course does meet the requirements for a FL non-resident CWL and I will have the applications available.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

AARs:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...14;-nra-ppith;-sandcreek-cc-aar-pictures.html

AAR: NRA Personal Protection In The Home (Elizabethtown, IN) 2/23/13

NRA PPITH - Elizabethtown IN AAR

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I may attend again.

You would be welcome. No charge of course since you already have the book and certificate. We follow the course outline but I have no doubt the course will continue to evolve. One change that you will notice is that we are getting interest from more novice attendees, so we will be hitting the marksmanship fundamentals harder on the range. Another change is that Sgt. Brion Gilbert from the Charlestown PD is now helping us with the Use of Force discussion since Que has moved to VA. Brion is a LEO Use of Force and Active Shooter instructor and brings an interesting perspective to the class room portion. He is really great at fielding questions about how to interact with the police.

Oh...and I am becoming less politically correct. :):

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Is there a deadline for people getting in touch with you about this course?

No deadline unless the course fills up. I have 4 enrolled and 3 more that have contacted me directly. I really do not see having more then 12 given tne size of the range. We will have plenty of instructors to work with people.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Time is quickly approaching for this class!

If protecting your family at home and the legal ramifications of using a firearm to protect yourself & your family while on your property is a question you or your wife have, please consider taking this NRA Class. This is a good way to make sure your SO & yourself are of the mindset to use a firearm to protect yourselves against those who mean to do you great harm. It's much better to ask the questions now & have time to think about possible ways to respond than to be guessing as the situation unfolds!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Quick bump. We are 2 weeks out. Looks like we are going to have a good group on the 13th. I still have a couple of spots open. Everyone signed up so far are members at the local clubs, so no harm making this offer. Cost for the course is $75/person. Let me know if you would like to join us.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I told another member of Sand Creek to get a hold of you. I think he will be at the meeting tomorrow. I will most likely attend myself.

Please do. I think we will have 2 freshly minted NRA instructors with us as well. Should be plenty of guys on the line to help the new people. I will see about speeding things up a bit for guys like you. Bring a holster!

I think Anthony did the legal section when you were there. He moved so my buddy Brion is filling in. He is an ILEA use of force and active shooter instructor, SWAT sniper, and ground fighting instructor. You will like him.

Im all in

Yes you are. Paid in full. Thank you and see you at the meeting tomorrow.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Got 8 signed up and ready to go. Looking for 2 more. Going to be a good day.

edit: Now at 9. Going to leave this open to accommodate one more couple. Then close enrollment.

Edit Again: We are at 10 enrolled, so the online system will state No Seats. If anybody is still interested let me know. Otherwise we will offer again in March.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom