Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    When: Saturday November 8, 2014 from 9am to 1pm
    Where: Marion County Fish and Game
    Cost : $45 pre-paid and pre-registered. $10 range fee due day of class for non-MCFG members.

Course description;

This will be a robust course of shooting skills. It is not going to be geared to competition or to self-defense shooting exclusively. Subjects that will be taught and then drilled will include: Moving off the line of force, Strong Hand Only and Weak Hand Only shooting, shooting on the moving, engaging multiple targets, figure 8 drills, triangle drills.

Shooters will need a gun, multiple magazines, mag pouches, holster, ear and eye protection. The round will depend on the number of times that the shooter runs each drill. I would a lot at least 500 rounds.

Your spot in the class will be held when payment and register form are received.
    Registration forms maybe acquired by emailing me at: abright@ccrtc.com

Last edited:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    There is room. I will send out email this morning to the two requests.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Sending forms out today. Starting to be some interest. Don't wait too long to get signed up.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    A little recent footage of the instructor shooting, not in the format of the class but it speaks to credibility with a handgun.

[video=youtube;l6UvjVBxGv4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6UvjVBxGv4&list=UU4RXvjOjXvzlcbGKfn2Edzg[/video]

[video=youtube;Omb8_Canz6U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Omb8_Canz6U[/video]

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I just fixed the OP there is a $10 range fee for non- MCFG members. Sorry I forgot to post that originally.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    A little recent footage of the instructor shooting, not in the format of the class but it speaks to credibility with a handgun.

Sir, I am intrigued by your credibility and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

For those who don't know Coach and might participate in his training, his shooting and gun handling skills are among the very best. You can see that from his videos or watch him in a match or shooting drills. I can also attest that he's one of the best teachers I've ever seen in action, which is what separates him from a lot of other very highly skilled shooters. If you are available for this class or his others, you will benefit!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Email sent with some details to all who signed up. Could take one more.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Thanks to everyone for coming out today. Thanks for being on time, special note that Rhino was 15 minutes early. I hope everyone found the session to be valuable.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Back at you Aron. You always put on a great class with plenty of live fire exercises. Scenarios like the figure 8 drill and triangle drill where we practiced draw stroke, movement, snapping the eyes, multiple target engagement, reloads, strong hand/weak hand transitions... Talking with the group I know they are a crowd pleasers. It's nice to pull everything together and put it all into practice at the end of the class like that. Sorry for hitting one of your target stands (Rhino says that is worse than hitting one of the 'hostage' targets. I wonder why that is!).
    Personally I experienced more malfunctions today than ever before but that added to the benefit of the class for me. Plus I shot all of that type :rockwoot:
    Thanks again Aron and keep up the good work.
    Thanks to all the other students who helped make this one a lot of fun.
    Catch you on the next one.
    Nigel

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This was an excellent opportunity for a tune-up that was sorely needed (by me). Coach saw me doing bad things to the triggers of my Glocks that I didn't realize I was doing. Once he called it to my attention and I made a concerted effort to avoid those mistakes, my accuracy improved dramatically. Now I think I had trigger control issues in addition to the problem with the lighting last Wednesday at the USPSA match at Parabellum.

I rarely make the time to practice. Practice with an expert coaching me among witnesses was a positive experience. I fired 317 rounds and each trigger press was a learning experience.

If Coach does this class again, I will repeat.

Sorry for blowing the big hole in the target (not really sorry, but I feel obligated to say so). Heh.

Nigel looks like James Bond when he shoots strong hand only ... all he needs is a tuxedo and a vodka martini in his other hand. And he really, really likes to shoot!

chillidip1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Indy
    Coach,

I really enjoyed the class today and I'll be looking forward to attending this one again in the future.

By the way, Rhino's Figure 8 drill was magnificent, I doubt I will forget his panache in performing what could be considered a straight forward exercise to mortal men.

Chris

Top Bottom