• ...and so much more!
  • Gamez235

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Upstate
    1901271_915765175120165_6983300080740790607_n.jpg

"One of our instructors attended a course last weekend in Oklahoma. One of the drills entailed unloading your gun then pointing it at one of the class instructors and dry firing. This was to get you used to pointing your gun at a real person. Please notice the loaded mags still on the belt. I'm pretty sure this violates one or more of the four Golden Rules of gun safety. Our guy DID NOT participate in this portion of the class. What do you guys think?" - Central State Training's Facebook Page

Turf Doctor

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 2, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I do not think this is a good idea. I think I would have to pass on this drill.
    I remember while taking a class here locally, the trainer was telling us about an event like this taking place at different training facility. When one of the guys in the class went home and showed his spouse what he learned in class he did not empty the gun of ammo and shot her.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    That is an lethal accident waiting to happen. There have been quite a few cases where this was done in Law Enforcement training and an officer ended up shot. Dummy guns are made for that purpose. Never use a live gun. No matter what any "Instructor" tells you. Whoever thought that this was good training is an idiot and if he continues to train this way someone IS going to get shot. Unbelievable.

Last edited:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Seems to me there are several other less potentially dangerous ways to accomplish the same goal.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Putting your sights on a real person and pulling the trigger is an important mindset drill.

But that is NOT how it should be done.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    On their facebook page they say, "Do your research before you train with someone." But they won't even say who this was with. They said it was a bad class with dangerous drills, but won't say who it is?

What, they didn't get that "one nugget" everyone pays hundreds of dollars for in classes?

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Years ago I was an NRA Instructor. Now I am seeing a LOT of "Instructors" that are "teaching" people some very bad concepts. Be very careful who you take instruction from. Always check to make sure that they have a brain in their skull. There is apparently no requirement to have one and "instruct".

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    No way in the world would I do this drill. I've seen too many NDs at matches where the person "knew" he cleared the gun and on "hammer down" the gun went BANG.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Some have made a lot of $$$ marketing such antics. Danger check...

[video=youtube_share;LTCFxU2fxXI]http://youtu.be/LTCFxU2fxXI[/video]

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    1901271_915765175120165_6983300080740790607_n.jpg

"One of our instructors attended a course last weekend in Oklahoma. One of the drills entailed unloading your gun then pointing it at one of the class instructors and dry firing. This was to get you used to pointing your gun at a real person. Please notice the loaded mags still on the belt. I'm pretty sure this violates one or more of the four Golden Rules of gun safety. Our guy DID NOT participate in this portion of the class. What do you guys think?" - Central State Training's Facebook Page

It looks like the instructor is pointing back, so I'm out. I would definitely play along as long as I'm pointing at him, but I see no need for him to reciprocate. To make it "real" he can pull out a knife or something. :D

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I won't do it. I won't be present if someone else is doing it. If it's my class, no one is going to do it.

I'll continue to live my life without this critical mindset enhancing experience.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Nuclear facepalm. The fact that they still have (presumably) loaded mags in their belt carriers tells me all I need to know about the safety concerns of the staff hosting this type of shenanigan. I never trained with anyone who wanted me to point my actual firearm at another person and I don't intend to. That said, I have had to point a loaded firearm at another person and I can't say that I was not mentally prepared for that, without ever having to engage in an unsafe "training" drill.

Top Bottom