Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    What: Competition 101 an introduction to USPSA Shooting

Where: Parabellum Firearms Range Avon, Indiana

When: Wednesday November 12, 2014 6 pm to 9:30 pm

Instructor: Aron Bright, USPSA Master Class shooter, assisted by the Parabellum staff

Cost: $50 per shooter

Required Equipment: Ear and Eye protection, gun (9mm or larger), 3 magazines, holster, belt, 2 mag pouches, 100-150 rounds of ammo. Hat with a brim is encouraged

Course description:
    Class will start at 6pm sharp with a classroom session that will cover safety, rules, scoring, divisions, equipment and stages of USPSA. Students questions will be addressed in this session as well. The classroom session will run from 6pm to 7:30 pm. We will also do a clinic on proper grip of the gun.

The live fire range portion will run from 7:30 to 9:30 pm. Topic that will be taught, demonstrated and then practiced will be draw stroke, speed reloads, absorbing the draw, calling shots and snapping eyes.

If you are looking to try USPSA competition this class will allow you to hit the ground running and drastically shorten the learning curve for doing well. You will walk away from this class a better shooter and much more familiar about the rules and scoring of USPSA.

To register and pay for class: https://parabellumfirearms.com

Last edited:

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Wish you would have offered this before the first indoor match lol. I think I may do this instead of the next match on the 5th.

Do both. The point is to have fun and get better. Getting out on the range and getting the gun in your hand is the way to do that.

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    Can't do class's or matches on weekdays. Leave on mondays to travel to jobsites, come home on fridays. I'd love a class like this and it's practically in my back yard, but can't make it if I'm not even in the same state during the week.......

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Would anyone have some mag holders and a holster that I could borrow for this class? Mine is somewhere buried in my storage unit as I am in between homes right now(homeless :)).

I would bring a 9mm 1911.

Or could I use the Springfield Armory mag holder and holster that comes with the pistol?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Would anyone have some mag holders and a holster that I could borrow for this class? Mine is somewhere buried in my storage unit as I am in between homes right now(homeless :)).

I would bring a 9mm 1911.

Or could I use the Springfield Armory mag holder and holster that comes with the pistol?

Get signed up. I have some you can borrow. Just remind me.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Wish you would have offered this before the first indoor match lol. I think I may do this instead of the next match on the 5th.

Oh, come on Sitt...you gotta hose another match like the rest of us! How else are you going to calculate the before/after value of your training?

With any luck, there will be video of the exact moment when the "light bulb" comes on: "Doh...OOOhhhh, I thought that was a rectangular INSECT sitting on the end of my gun!":ugh: ("I wondered why the flash didn't knock him off...")

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I am going to emphasize safe gun handling in this class. If you take this class you will leave a better gun handler and a better shooter than when you walked in the door. You won't leave disappointed.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Get signed up. I have some you can borrow. Just remind me.

Thanks. I went to register and it wouldn't go through. I'll call them this morning.

I talked to Steve and he put me down for the class. Said I could pay when I get there. I'll see you all there. Aron, I'll remind you before the class about the holster and mag carrier. I'll bring the SA stuff just in case.

Somewhere I have a brand new Comp-tac paddle holster and twin mag pouch. I'll check a couple boxes that are near the door to see if I get lucky.

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Well, I kind of hit the jackpot today. I went to my storage unit and decided I would try to check the few boxes I could get to. I found one marked safe accessories and lo and behold my holster, mag carrier, a carton of factory rounds and some snap caps.

So Aron, thanks for the offer but I should have everything I need for the class! See you all there.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Thanks. I went to register and it wouldn't go through. I'll call them this morning.

I talked to Steve and he put me down for the class. Said I could pay when I get there. I'll see you all there. Aron, I'll remind you before the class about the holster and mag carrier. I'll bring the SA stuff just in case.

Somewhere I have a brand new Comp-tac paddle holster and twin mag pouch. I'll check a couple boxes that are near the door to see if I get lucky.

The link on the homepage should be working now.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Well, I kind of hit the jackpot today. I went to my storage unit and decided I would try to check the few boxes I could get to. I found one marked safe accessories and lo and behold my holster, mag carrier, a carton of factory rounds and some snap caps.

So Aron, thanks for the offer but I should have everything I need for the class! See you all there.

That is a good day.

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    Have a glock 19 and 1 magazine plus a iwb holster. First time ever for such an event. Anyone able to help w the magazines and a carrier? Other holster would be needed if the iwb would be a no go for this class.

Thanks

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Have a glock 19 and 1 magazine plus a iwb holster. First time ever for such an event. Anyone able to help w the magazines and a carrier? Other holster would be needed if the iwb would be a no go for this class.

Thanks

IWB is fine as long as you can reholster safely which is to say without sweeping yourself. I have magazine pouches that I can loan, but I will need reminded to bring them.

Top Bottom