• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Evermoore

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    So I suffer from the dreaded "low and left" syndrome.. I have tried everything thing I can read/watch to correct it with no luck. Does anyone know anyone around the Ft. Wayne area that might be able to help diagnose what the hell I am doing? Maybe stand beside me with a stick and crack me with it :)

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Contact NIFT here on INGO

edit: oh and you are having a trigger control issue. Wrong part of the state for me to be able to help you with that.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    You are squeezing your entire hand in anticipation of the shot. It's a hard habit to break and if you don't shoot on a regular basis it comes back easily! But it's totally fixable and there are all sorts of tricks. But just remember, everything from the shoulders forward is concrete and steel! You don't need a death grip, but really concentrate on only moving the trigger finger, and pressing it straight back toward your nose. Do not intensify your grip at you squeeze the trigger. Other than a blatant flinch, this is by far the most common error we see on the range.

Try it with a cleared firearm and no ammo, or even a blue gun. Hold it in your hand and squeeze and watch where the barrel goes.

Contact NIFT (Bob) here on INGO. He's up your way and he'll help you out.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    More training... As onebadv8 mentioned, I think the ACT guys and Coach offer one on one & might make it up near atlanta conservation club (which is closer to you) every once in a while.
    I had a similar issue when i started... lots o practice, and oddly I found when training on drawing and such, the issue sorta went away. I think maybe I was trying to bullseye it too much and anticipating recoil prior?
    When I began trying to shoot a bit faster, I didn't have time to mess it up I suppose. But it will come in time.
    You're smart for wanting an extra set of eyes on you, as that will make it come much quickerer!

Last edited:

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Thanks for the referrals, CTS and Indy Gun Safety!

Ah yes, the dreaded low-left hits for the right handed shooter. Almost always, it is a combination of curling the trigger finger--resulting in shots going slightly left--along with a PIP (Pre-Ignition Push,) which causes shots to go anywhere from slightly down to way down.
    Isolating the flexors of the trigger finger so nothing else moves and applying increasing pressure straight rearward on the trigger, along with proper trigger reset for follow-up shots is the solution. Takes time and a lot of both dry-fire and live-fire practice. Indy Gun Safety nailed it!

A little tip: when doing dry-fire practice, do follow-up "shots" on a dead trigger, instead of just one "shot" at a time before racking the slide. Those extra "pretend" trigger presses will really show what is going on with your hands and, as a result, the front sight.

Last edited:

redwingshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Greenwood
    A little tip: when doing dry-fire practice, do follow-up "shots" on a dead trigger, instead of just one "shot" at a time before racking the slide. Those extra "pretend" trigger presses will really show what is going on with your hands and, as a result, the front sight.

Interesting idea, I have not heard this before. I will definitely try this, thanks for the tip.

Top Bottom