• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Paladin Combatives LLC | Managing Confrontations (8hr) ? September 19th, 2015 ? Avon, IN

Managing Confrontations is a relatively complex class with a relatively simple goal. We want you to understand the entire situation leading up to the start of a fight. Many places can teach you to fight and we offer other classes on how to use weapons. Very few people teach anything about the time between “everything’s fine” to the start of an attack.

We will slowly build our framework by teaching a portion then integrating it in live scenarios. Piece by piece we will increase your ability to deal with stress, observation, and decision-making. Eventually the process of understanding the interaction and pre-fight phase of the fight will become second nature and automatic leaving you free to make decisions on what to do next.

Finally, we’ve added a module covering the basics of the types of combatives likely to be encountered in a fight. There will not be any belts discussed and this won’t be techniques that require years of practice to master. These are the fundamental basics for interacting with another person during a fight. There are no style points, and it will not be pretty. We cover some points on striking to close distance. We cover the standing clinch portion in great detail as most fights are won or lost here. We then cover fundamentals of ground fighting and what you need to know. This information has been around for centuries and the lessons learned here are found in every martial art around the world. We will keep what is needed, remove the fluff and style, and present it in an easy to understand concise way. You will be given opportunities to pressure test the material if you so choose.

I’ve said before if I could only share one piece of the puzzle I’ve learned over my years of training, it would be this material. I honestly use this material every single week, often multiple times. It can be used on everyone from coworkers to panhandlers and muggers to ski-masked murderers. Understand how criminals operate, break their pattern, and stay ahead of the curve.

This class is designed for both men and women. Children 14+ are common students and encouraged to attend. If you have questions about a family member attending, please contact the instructors below. The class will be active, but only lightly physical with the ability to do more or less as you choose.

Looking forward to checking out what appears to be a great facility at Parabellum Firearms and returning to the greater Indianapolis area. If you are a student of ours who has already attended this class, please let someone you know and care about that now is their chance to attend.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I'm in for this again, with the wife this time. She's talked about wanting to take his class ever since I attempted to relay some of the info after the last one.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I'm in for this again, with the wife this time. She's talked about wanting to take his class ever since I attempted to relay some of the info after the last one.

That's awesome. We love to see that. You might not see any major differences, but you will notice subtle changes that we continually put in place to help the learning experience for both us and the students.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I haven't read the post yet, but in Avon.... That's too close not to go. Also, I have a large wrestling mat and a car I could arrange to bring if we can make a little trade. Or if I could even just come and watch, or partner with the odd man...

Speaking of cars, I still need to get a car thing together. I may contact you and Josh about that.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Oh geez, this is going to be a boondoggle I can see it now! Last time was a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to new faces and old sparring partners. Chezuki , will we see you on the mats?

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I've just sent my wife a text to see if she'd want to do this as a birthday present for her. (her B-day is two days prior). Might be fun to watch her beat up on someone other than me.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Are you equipped for those times the gun is not the answer? What are you doing to fix it?

This is a valuable class and good information that people of all sizes, shapes and backgrounds would benefit from taking. I recommend it. The instructors are very good and very clear.

brianheeter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    I had a great time in this class late last year. Lots of good material presented and strategies that I have put to use since. I may have to show up again....

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    This is a good class and complements firearms-related training nicely.

Well said as usual. If the confrontation is managed well the gun may not be necessary and that is always a good thing.

Top Bottom