Terre Haute
    EVENT: DP205b – Low Light Skills
    DATE: 5 DECEMBER 2015
    TIME: 17:00 approx. start time; class will last about 4 hours
    INSTRUCTOR: John Viray, assisted by ACT staff
    TUITION: $85 prepaid
    PREREQUISITES: DP101 (or equivalent); instructor approval REQUIRED
    DESCRIPTION:
    DP205b “Low Light Skills” is a brief version of our DP205 that offers an introduction to defensive handgun techniques applied to low light or total darkness situations. The class will focus on the use of modern, high intensity flashlights and their applications to defensive use in conjunction with handguns. Topics will include acquisition of information, use of handheld flashlights both with and without firearms, use of weapon-mounted flashlights, use of supplemental sighting devices (e.g. lasers), use of tritium night sights, etc.

This class is not appropriate for inexperienced defensive shooters. You don't have to have completed classes with us, but I reserve the right to final approval on all students. If I don't know you and you wish to participate, please contact me via email (not PM): john@adaptiveconsultingandtraining.com

** PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS CLASS WILL INCLUDE LIVE FIRE DRILLS. **

GEAR LIST & RECOMMENDATIONS:

• Reliable, high-intensity handheld light; lanyard recommended
    • Back-up light (optional)
    • Spare batteries (recommended)
    • Spare lamps (if your light uses incandescent lamps)
    • A couple of feet of 550 cord to make a lanyard (optional)
    • Low intensity "task light" for navigation and checking targets (optional)
    • Weapon-mounted light (optional)
    • Inert replica of your pistol if you have one (e.g "Blue Gun" or similar that fits your holster; optional)
    • Concealment garment
    • Pistol, caliber consistent with defensive needs
    • 300-500 rounds of ammunition (how much you need depends on how much you choose to fire)
    • 5 or more magazines or speed loaders. More is better to avoid delays on the line.
    • Magazine or speed loader carriers
    • Strong side belt holster (IWB holsters are fine) that covers the trigger guard and allows one handed holstering
    • Pistol belt
    • Eye and ear protection. Electronic muffs or vented earplugs suggested for allowing easier hearing of range commands.
    • Billed cap
    • Please dress appropriately for outdoor activities according to the weather and allow for moderate physical activity. We will shoot, rain or shine, so consider bringing rain gear.
    • Remember that you may be shooting while wearing gloves. Wear the gloves you normally wear during cold weather.
    • You should bring snacks and fluids of your choice. Snack bars or power bars are great to keep in your shooting bag. Water or a combination of water and sport drinks work best. ACT will provide bottled water.

For more information or to register, please contact us via email at:john@adaptiveconsultingandtraining.com

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Oh, I see how it's going to be now. Have classes when *I* can't be there.

This is a great class. I hate to agree with anything Jackson says, but this class is a must unless you have the luxury of doing night work some other way regularly. If you don't get to work in the dark and cold all the time, you're crazy if you miss this class.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    This was a fun class. I now have holsters that allow a wml because of this class. :)

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    This is a great class to try different methods and styles of shooting using a light. Definitely provides the opportunity to experience different methods and see what works and doesn't and determine what works best for YOU.
    WML rock no doubt about it but will you always have one on you?
    What happens if all you have is a generic flashlight?
    Do you even really need a flash light?
    Are my eye's and skills up to the task?
    How about a light/laser combo....
    If past classes are anything to go by then all of these and much more will be covered/experienced.
    Just sent in my paperwork.
    Nigel

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Get out and do some shooting in the dark. It could be very illuminating.

Top Bottom