Has Anyone Been to Poseidon Experience in Indy?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mbandy13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    My girlfriend and I have been going regularly for training there for awhile now, and we certainly feel that our skill sets have increased.

It is run by a former Navy SEAL, who provides coaching not only for me as an Advanced Shooter, but also for my girlfriend who is a Beginner.

If you haven't been there, you really need to go. His website is www.poseidonexperience.com

Mike

cctwcc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Bargersville
    Nice free plug and I"m sure the training is top notch but it's not with what I consider "real" firearms and certainly not your own firearm. Probably a good place to start but getting trigger time with YOUR firearm shooting real ammo in something like USPSA Newbie match or other training offered at ranges like Parabellum will, in my opinion, will take you closer to the goal of being able to protect yourself and your family. And I would imagine this is pretty pricey training considering the equipment has to be very expensive? Website doesn't mention cost that I can see, can you give some idea of cost for a session?

Last edited:

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    And I would imagine this is pretty pricey training considering the equipment has to be very expensive? Website doesn't mention cost that I can see, can you give some idea of cost for a session?

memberships: Memberships

lists some prices:
    Book an Experience

coached experience: $38/40 minutes
    orientation experience: $50 (required on your first visit)
    hourly range access: $250

so yeah, it's pricey compared to a standard range. But even though it costs more, you're not paying for ammo. And I agree with cctwcc...it shouldn't replace live fire. BUT I think it can be a good tool to use with live fire.

Mbandy13

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    I never at all said it replaced live fire, I shoot a lot of live fire, but for beginners, aka, my GF she gets to shoot a lot without the cost of ammo, and she still shoots live fire as well, its just another tool to use.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I took my son there and it was a good experience. It's better IMO than regular dry-fire or using a SIRT pistol because their pistols have CO2 cartridges to cycle the slide, simulating recoil, and the computer controlled screen keeps things fast paced with pop up targets etc too. And of course, there's coaching and feed back.

Unless you are independently wealthy though, I can't see paying for more than a periodic visit. Plain old dry-fire does still work--for free.

I recall that J Barnett said that if you didn't score around 300 on their range test, that you weren't really ready for live fire--meaning that you still had unfinished work with trigger control etc, before you incorporated recoil management.

Top Bottom