• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Goodness gracious...I`ve always dreamed of having Gunsite training, but at better than $1000, I`ll never have that dream come true.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    IIRC significant discounts can be had on these classes, though I don't remember how. The round count doesn't bother me at all. There is absolutely nothing saying that a high round count class is better than a moderate round count class.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    IIRC significant discounts can be had on these classes, though I don't remember how. The round count doesn't bother me at all. There is absolutely nothing saying that a high round count class is better than a moderate round count class.

I understand wanting to shoot a significant amount, but 1000 rounds over three days isn't insignificant. As an example, I never fired more than a thousand rounds during a 3-day Louis Awerbuck class and anyone who would dismiss those training experiences doesn't get it.

ColdSteel223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 18, 2009
    Bloomington, IN
    Louis did not run high round count classes. You learn more with good hits in "deep meat" instead of blasting holes in flat cardboard. Angles and curves make up people (bad guys) not flat one dimensional pieces of cardboard.

As far as the cost yes it is on the high end. Five days at the Gunsite ranch in AZ is 15-16 hundred dollars. The best is not cheap. That being said, call them and ask about an offsite training discount on the Indiana classes. Last I knew it was $300. That should cover your ammo cost.

If you still don't want to spend the money for a 3 day class. Train with one of the numerous trainers that post on INGO. (ACT, Coach, etc..) just get some training! To semi quote Pat Rogers Without quality training you are just a liability.

Expatriated

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 22, 2013
    There is absolutely nothing saying that a high round count class is better than a moderate round count class.

Oh how I wish more students would understand this. You could shoot 5,000 rounds in a 3 day class and maybe not get any quality training. Or worse yet, be taught the wrong thing.

There is zero correlation between round count and quality.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    There is or was a discount for the IN and TN offsite classes. I signed up for 160 shotgun in March in TN. Less the $800. $250ish/day is the going rate for recognized schools.

Since I will be flying solo this time I opted for the $39.99 per night Super 8 room. FYI, NRA members get a corporate rate on car rental and hotels. You can book all of this through the member website.

Ammo deals you guys are on your own. For shotgun I plan to take 100 slugs, 150 00 buck, 500 shot shells. I hope I don't come anywhere near shooting all of that!

Top Bottom