• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Yesterday I qualified as an Expert on the M16A4 and the M9. :rockwoot: :draw:

And I wanted to take a moment to publicly thank those from INGO who have helped me learn so much about shooting before I even joined the Marines.

So "Thank you!" to Gary (HandK) and Bob (NIFT) for your pistol training. The Close Quarters Combat drills and skills I learned from the two of you paid great dividends when it came to the new Combat Pistol Program during Range Week at The Basic School here in Quantico.

Furthermore, the Appleseed project is incredibly, incredibly, helpful with rifle marksmanship (an understatement). A couple summers ago, I attended a mini Appleseed in Indianapolis. Thanks to Dave (DaveD) who was the instructor on my area of the line. The fundamentals I learned there were exactly — exactly — the same ones that the Marine Corps taught me for Table 1 of the Combat Rifle Program. I'm sure there are some Marines who had never experienced Appleseed, or gone shooting at all before, who were able to do well based simply on the advice from the Combat Marksmanship Trainers and Coaches, but I believe that I was able to do especially well because Appleseed had exposed me to those fundamentals of marksmanship already.

So, again, "Thank you!" to those named above and to all others who helped me learn to shoot and then to shoot even better. :ingo:

Advice to anybody considering joining the Marines: attend an Appleseed and take some formal pistol classes with a good instructor. They will help you get started on the right foot and show you good habits that won't need to be broken later in training. If you only have time or money for one, do the Appleseed.

:patriot:

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    Glad to be of service! However, Appleseed just laid the ground work - you had to put in the effort & persevere to make it yours.

Excellent job!! :yesway:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I am not sure I would use the phrase You make me Proud...

I mean you are a Zoomie Marine, Not a big fan of Officers... :popcorn:

But you did do good Marine!
    Now go out and do Better! ;)

Top Bottom