Google favouring some assisted opening knife retailers over others.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    This is one reason I prefer shopping searches through bing, aside from the fact that google doesn't have any firearms on google "shopping".

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    I have to guess that because those other retailers are large corporations that have multiple relationships with google across all areas of business they will continue to get their way. It's capitalism, dollars speak. Maybe the other retailers (or just one) were negotiating some kind of deal with google and the removal of knife-depot from adwords was in the fine print? Who knows...the greater question is (at no disrespect to Cathy) who really cares? :dunno:

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    I have to guess that because those other retailers are large corporations that have multiple relationships with google across all areas of business they will continue to get their way. It's capitalism, dollars speak. Maybe the other retailers (or just one) were negotiating some kind of deal with google and the removal of knife-depot from adwords was in the fine print? Who knows...the greater question is (at no disrespect to Cathy) who really cares? :dunno:

Anyone with a vested interest in the guns or tools industry. Google advertising has the largest audience in the world, by a ridiculously long shot.

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    Anyone with a vested interest in the guns or tools industry. Google advertising has the largest audience in the world, by a ridiculously long shot.

As long as Google isn't banning guns or knives from being advertised then it doesn't really affect me or my interest in advancing the "gun & knife agenda." (I'm merely playing devil's advocate here) I know where I like to buy knives and don't need google or any other search engine recommending retailers for me so if they boot a smaller one from their list so be it. Life and business aren't fair that's the world we live in.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I just googled assited opening knives and got pages of info. Including shopping results.

Top 3 search results

Knife-Depot

Assistedopeningknives.com

and

Blade-HQ.

:dunno: Not really picking up what your putting down.

Top Bottom