• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    if anyone has any questions in relation to knives, post them here. easier to get them out in the open, than field a bunch of pm's a week.

so feel free to ask away!

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    Is there a single location where I can read about the legal issues surround knife carry? I'm not so concerned about use, more about if this or that knife is legal in Indiana or elsewhere.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    Is there a single location where I can read about the legal issues surround knife carry? I'm not so concerned about use, more about if this or that knife is legal in Indiana or elsewhere.

aside from the sticky thread at the top of the Cutting Edge forum, you can join up to any of a number of knife related forums and read up. forums such as the Usual Suspect Network have members from EVERY state, and many countries. same way with BLADE forums, jerzee devil, and the like.

cubby

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 5, 2008
    LaGrange, IN
    How can I determine the angle of the edge on my blade?

Thanks Cubby, great idea.

the easiest way to determine it? thats a good question! i have never been one to worry to much about edge angles. i leave my sharpmaker on the more acute angle and leave it. when i free hand sharpen. but most knives i put convex edges on.... as do most custom makers, and there are a few reasons for this.

quick and dirty, and not 100% accurate.

Knife sharpening: Coin Trick & Magic Angle Finder | An Edge in the Kitchen

the only 100% accurate way is to use a sharpener like the sharpmaker and do it on your favorite angle, so you KNOW thats what it is.... but even then, the angle is NEVER EXACTLY 20 degrees, or whatever, because of the flex in the systems, the mistakes in your hand motion, ect... all the variables.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Okay. I have question. If a train full of knives leaves Chicago doing 60mph and another train full of knives leaves Denver...

:popcorn:

:nuts:

:n00b:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom