• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HK45Mark23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Newburgh
    Let’s organize to add the 10MM to the list of legal hunting cartridges in Indiana.

We influenced the adaptation of long guns chambered in pistol cartridges; surely we can get the 10mm added.

I am looking for those who are willing to make the calls with me.

I will get the contact information from Jim Tomes of the 2nd Amendment Patriots if I can get enough people together.

Lawguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Assuming that you mean hunting deer, I think you might have trouble since the law is based on dimensions of the cartridge and to shorten it to .99" would allow other round that would not be powerful enough for deer hunting.
    See: PISTOL CARTRIDGE LISTS\

Last edited:

HK45Mark23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Newburgh
    I understand, and I am looking not to shorten the cartridge, just include the 10mm Auto.

The 10mm Auto performs better than a 357 Mag and as well as a 41 Mag.

It should be included.

And yes I am referring to hunting deer with a 10mm Auto.

The 10mm produces 675 – 840 ft lbs E in hunting loads from Cor-Bon, Double Tapp and Buffalo Bore.

I helped get the pistol cartridge out of long guns legalized, so help me in getting 10mm Auto legal as it should be.

Note: 840 ft lbs E are not produced by the afore mentioned companies, but is a hand load. The afore mentioned companies produce ammunition over 675 ft lbs E for hunting, more than adequate for harvesting deer.

HK45Mark23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Newburgh
    My links are not all the same color. I dont know why. If any one can tell me please do. Sorry but some are brown and some are pinkish. There are links to all the refered ammunition.

CorBon
    • Caliber: 10mm Auto
    • Bullet Wt.: 180gr COR®BON Hunter BCSP
    • Velocity: 1300fps
    • Energy: 676ftlbs
    • Test Barrel Length: 4.6 Inches
    Double Tap 10mm 230gr. WFNGC Hardcast

The heaviest and deepest penetrating 10mm in existence! This hardcast Wide Flat Nose Gas - Checked bullet will not deform on impact, and will create a large deep wound channel. Excellent for hunting or woods protection!

Caliber : 10mm
    Bullet : 230gr Wide Flat Nose Gas Check Hardcast
    Ballistics : 1120fps/ 641 ft./lbs. - Glock 20
    1008fps / 519 ft lbs 100yds Glock 20
    Glock 29 - 1075fps

10mm 200gr. Controlled Exp. JHP

For the hunter that needs deep penetration AND expansion, with this one you can't miss!

Bullet : 200gr Controlled Expansion JHP

Ballistics : 1250fps / 694ft lbs. muzzle - Glock 20
    1083fps / 521 ft lbs 100yds Glock 20
    Glock 29 - 1195fps Muzzle

Double Tap 10mm 200gr WFNGC Hardcast

This is the load that you have been hearing about! This hardcast Wide Flat Nose gas - checked bullet will not deform on impact, and will create a large deep wound channel. Excellent for hunting or woods protection!

Bullet : 200gr Wide Flat Nose Gas Check Hardcast

Ballistics : 1300fps/ 750 ft./lbs. - Glock 20
    1105fps / 542 ft lbs 100yds Glock 20
    Glock 29 - 1240fps

Double Tap 10mm 200gr FMJ-FP

When penetration is key, two holes bleed better than one! Entrance and exit hole! This is an excellent load for woods protection.

Bullet : 200gr FMJ / FP

Ballistics : 1275fps / 722 ft./lbs. - Glock 20
    1088fps / 526 ft lbs 100yds Glock 20
    Glock 29 - 1225fps

Double Tap 10mm 180gr. Controlled Exp. JHP

This loading provides a hunter with a controlled expansion bullet at serious speeds!

Bullet : 180gr. Controlled Expansion JHP

Ballistics : 180gr. @ 1350fps/ 728 ft/lbs- Glock 20
    1136fps / 516 ft lbs 100yds Glock 20
    Glock 29 - 1270fps

Buffalo Bore Heavy 10mm Ammo - 200 gr. F.M.J.

Heavy 10mm Ammo - 200 gr. F.M.J. (1,200fps/M.E. 639 ft.lbs.)

Buffalo Bore Heavy 10mm Ammo - 180 gr. Jacketed Hollow Point

Heavy 10mm Ammo - 180 gr. Jacketed Hollow Point (1,350fps/M.E. 782 ft. lbs.)

Last edited:

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    Assuming that you mean hunting deer, I think you might have trouble since the law is based on dimensions of the cartridge and to shorten it to .99" would allow other rounds that would not be powerful enough for deer hunting.

Exactly. The NRC has already stated that they have no interest in writing the law to leave the cartridge dimension part in place and list other calibers separately that fall outside of those parameters. That's why the .30-30 and .45-70 were shot down. There was a huge calling for those calibers in the hunter input received by the NRC prior to adopting the PCR law, yet the NRC said, "No way." Those two calibers had more of a fan base than the 10MM ever had, and were shot down.

Check out the 162-page NRC report on the PCR issue for more information.

HK45Mark23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Newburgh
    Do you forget who they work for? They are our employees.

I have worked with the 2nd Amendment Patriots to make many good laws and get many bad laws off the books.

Are you saying that the NRC has already made up its mind as if it is a closed case and not able to be changed?

I don't care what their mind is, it can be changed.

Please, come together and help me get the rules rewritten, in the process if there are other calibers that some would appreciate being included then we can make it happen as well. We made the inclusion of pistol calibers from long guns didn’t we? I helped with that!

Why should Indiana be left in the dark when so many other states allow 10mm?

Maybe the law should be rewritten to be based on an energy discharge basis.

Don’t some states base their laws on energy discharge instead of shell dimensions?

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Let’s organize to add the 10MM to the list of legal hunting cartridges in Indiana.

We influenced the adaptation of long guns chambered in pistol cartridges; surely we can get the 10mm added.

I am looking for those who are willing to make the calls with me.

I will get the contact information from Jim Tomes of the 2nd Amendment Patriots if I can get enough people together.

I'd like to know a little bit more about some one who is asking me to join forces with them for their own benefit. I checked your post record and don't see a single post about hunting or what you hunt or have hunted and you've been on the forum for several months. All I saw in your post record concerning hunting was a few pleas to people to help you get 10MM approved for hunting and a post saying the gun you own is a Glock 10MM.

So how did your hunting season go this year? What have you killed and what all do you hunt? What are you hunting with now? Have you got any good tips for hunters since you must be a pretty competent hunter if you know better than the DNR and need to step in to rewrite the hunting regulations.

Is there any particular reason the 10mm should be singled out and specificly named as a specific cartridge legal for hunting? Other than just because you happen to own one of course.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Do you forget who they work for? They are our employees.

I have worked with the 2nd Amendment Patriots to make many good laws and get many bad laws off the books.

Are you saying that the NRC has already made up its mind as if it is a closed case and not able to be changed?

I don't care what their mind is, it can be changed.

Please, come together and help me get the rules rewritten, in the process if there are other calibers that some would appreciate being included then we can make it happen as well. We made the inclusion of pistol calibers from long guns didn’t we? I helped with that!

Why should Indiana be left in the dark when so many other states allow 10mm?

Maybe the law should be rewritten to be based on an energy discharge basis.

Don’t some states base their laws on energy discharge instead of shell dimensions?

Indiana isn't in the dark and you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

mwilson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    franklin
    just because a round is powerful enough still does not make it a good choice. i am a handgun hunter first and foremost. my son and i both hunt with .44s. my son killed 3 this year with his ruger hunter. we both own 10mm 1911s. my favorite carry round but i would not consider taking it deer hunting as my primary weapon. most if any out of the box semi autos are not accurate enough unless you are a very well disiplined deer hunter and pass up most of the deer you see and wait on that perfect and up close shot.

ajb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    Northern Indiana
    It seems to me we have enough choices already without opening this can of worms to satisfy a few people.

What caliber would be next?

I thought most people consider 1000fp of energy to be minimum for deer?

If all you have is a 10mm, you just have a good reason to buy another new gun:)

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville

Pretty much. From page 145 of the NRC report:

Many comments were received requesting that the DNR and NRC consider allowing other rifle cartridges to be legal such as the .30-.30 Winchester, .38-.55 Winchester, .45-70 Government, and .460 Smith & Wesson. However, if the dimensions were modified to allow the use of these cartridges, it would allow other rifles to be used that could shoot cartridges with much more energy and velocity (considered high-powered) and with a much longer range.

Conversely, allowing cartridges less than the current 1.16" minimum length would allow some cartridges that are underpowered for deer. The NRC does not want to list ANY cartridges with dimensions that fall outside of the currently legal parameters. You get an exception for the 10MM, and then everyone else starts crying wanting their pet cartridge added to the list as well. Where does it end?

HK45Mark23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Newburgh
    I talked to Jim Tomes about this very issue today. He will be in Indy this week. He said he would make his way to the DNR to address this issue. Now is the time to be with us on this, maybe 45-70 and 30-30 and a few others can be included. I am all for it, are you.

We got long guns with pistol cartridges included now lets move forward.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    How many of you shot long guns with pistol cartridges this year? Your welcome!

Are you stating that you single-handedly got PCR's legalized for deer? My name is listed in the NRC report along with my comment in favor of legalizing them, along with hundreds of other people. I am also the reason that the .458 SOCOM is specifically listed in the sample cartridge list in the Indiana hunting regulations. If you'll note, it was not listed in the regulation book during the first season PCR's were legal -- I had to work with Linnea Petercheff to get it included.

I do see that you are a fellow HK fan. Here's mine:

13006Suppressed_HK.jpg

HK45Mark23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Newburgh
    How many of you influence law, go to a 2nd amendment meeting or even celabrated Bill of Rights day today? What are you doing about the tyrany imposed on us by our out of control government? Anyone at a Tea Party lately?

HK45Mark23

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2008
    Newburgh
    Are you stating that you single-handedly got PCR's legalized for deer? My name is listed in the NRC report along with my comment in favor of legalizing them, along with hundreds of other people. I am also the reason that the .458 SOCOM is specifically listed in the sample cartridge list in the Indiana hunting regulations. If you'll note, it was not listed in the regulation book during the first season PCR's were legal -- I had to work with Linnea Petercheff to get it included.

I do see that you are a fellow HK fan. Here's mine:

13006Suppressed_HK.jpg

Thanks!! And no I did nothging single-handedly. I did however call, write, show up and participated.

Thanks to all those who are active and help!!!

P. S. The HK looks great, I have NFA items but not a can yet. Boy I need one!!!

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    You get an exception for the 10MM, and then everyone else starts crying wanting their pet cartridge added to the list as well. Where does it end?
    [/size][/font]

That's the problem, there are pet or wildcat cartridges out there that should be able to be used.

Folks in other states are using the 10mm successfully on whitetail and hogs. The IDNR is responsive to the hunting public, as it should be. Since we do have a representative goverment, people "crying wanting their pet cartridge" and letting the government know about it is perfectly appropriate.

Top Bottom