• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Took the lady shooting again, this time she shot the heck out of my Ruger P95. And she had a blast.

About a week ago, we were watching the movie Taken, and she looked at me and said, "Can we shoot handguns like that?" I had to tell her, "No, but we can shoot handguns." So I thought I would start her out with my .38 Special J-Frame, but as soon as she saw the Ruger P95, she had other plans, like I could ever say no to a face like that.

So we jumped in the can and drove up to Cabelas, bought like 300 rounds of Herters 9mm on sale for 8.99 a box. And headed back home, or so I thought. She got hungry so we went to Dynasty Buffet in Valpo, then went to Blyths.

Oh she was in store for some fun. We had the entire Range to ourselves. After I went over handgun safety procedures, I showed her how to load the magazine.

0902001159a.jpg

Now she didn't quit understand the whole having to pull the slide back. A missunderstanding I guess, but after i told her its just like when you actuate the bolt on a rifle she got it.

0902001142.jpg

You're in for it now, Zombie Bob.

0902001141.jpg

Zombie Bob did not have a good day, not a good day at all, :laugh:

0902001230a.jpg

Last picture she was posing, nothing in the magazine, no round chambered, and as you can see the safety is on.

I'd like to think she did pretty good for someone who had never fired a handgun before. Bring on the Zombies, she is ready for them. :rockwoot:

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Trigger finger discipline. I know it was just for the camera but slip up for a picture and it might happen with a live round one day.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I will say you are a lucky man. I cant seen to find a Woman that is not afraid of guns. Once I mention that, that's all she wrote. Oh I hate guns blah blah blah.

Anyways :yesway::yesway:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    We should get a couples shoot together and go to Blythe's on a weekend. I wouldn't mind introducing the lady to a few other local women who are into firearms. :D Looks like a good time!

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    Not to keep nit picking the pics, but in the second pic, I believe, that is a great way to get a finger sliced open......that left thumb gets pointed forward, not around the back. I've seen on more than one occasion a finger get sliced and bone chipped due to the way she is holding it. Shoot safe and have fun!!

Top Bottom