• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BerettaGirl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Westfield
    Tim's Shooting Academy of Westfield (IN), has their Grand Opening Friday, 1/17/14, from 4p-6p. The range is already open for business and welcomes all to come see the facility and enjoy the state-of-the-art Range, 10 handgun lanes and 5 rifle lanes. Check out their website, www.timsshootingacademy.com or on Facebook under Tim's Shooting Academy.

A new TWAW (The Well Armed Woman) Chapter is being hosted by this range with our first meeting scheduled for February 11th, from 7p-9p. If you know of any women interested in learning more about guns, need to gain that comfort level of being around them, or just want to improve their skills, please pass the word along. We look forward to seeing all of you at the range!!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Major edit to add...

Due to the truncation of the subject in the topic list, I didnt notice this was the WAW posting about Tims and their affiliation...

Moving my comments where they are more appropriate. (in the thread Tim started)

Last edited:

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    First, welcome to INGO! Hopefully my questions dont come off as too crass.

The rules are an interesting read.

1: Curious about the logic behind no cast lead? Why not ban steel cased ammo while you are at it? On the surface it seems about as logical.

2: Only in-house targets? I cant even bring my own proper targets like I do at pretty much every other range I go to? I can understand not wanting paper plates and other makeshift targets, but in-house only? I think Don's is the only game in town that stoops to that level of money grabbing.

3: How do you deem a round "military"? Based on caliber, what gun its being fired out of, or the manufacturer of the ammo the person brought in to shoot? (PMC Bronze .223 in the range bag is OK but surplus 5.56 is not) If someone were to show up with an AR57, are you going to actually have the relatively obscure ammo on hand to sell at a reasonable price, or will you have to say "you cant shoot that here."?

4: And no holstering/unholstering for ANY reason? You are saying I have to unholster my carry weapon before I leave the house, empty it and place it into a different carrying case? (after all I cant handle it in the parking lot according to the rules) I can understand no practice draws, but to say my pistol cant come out of the holster even when I am standing in my assigned bay preparing the weapon to shoot, then returning the weapon to its holster before I leave the bay at the end of my session seems a bit over bearing. So does that mean I cant point my revolver at the floor to reload it since pointing my gun anywhere but down range is bad? (which I assume is part of the no holster rule and you are so adamant about even cased guns being pointed the right direction at all times)

I think I'll pass unless those rules are clarified a bit.

But good luck to you! We can use another range in town.
    I agree that some of the rules were a bit obnoxious, but there aren't too many range options on this side of town. Very convenient location for me.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I agree that some of the rules were a bit obnoxious, but there aren't too many range options on this side of town. Very convenient location for me.

I agree, we do need ranges over there. Thats why I still am glad they opened and wish them well regardless of my feelings of their range rules. They are on the opposite side of town from me so I guess personally I have the luxury of being picky. (And the good folks at BGF are only 15 mins away) :rockwoot:

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I agree, we do need ranges over there. Thats why I still am glad they opened and wish them well regardless of my feelings of their range rules. They are on the opposite side of town from me so I guess personally I have the luxury of being picky. (And the good folks at BGF are only 15 mins away) :rockwoot:
    I wish BGF were that close. I usually take the time and effort to make it down there on a regular basis.

Top Bottom