How many women on here would like to see a singles forum?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lori

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2012
    Hancock County
    I am just curious if this has been tried before. I would imagine the number of men on here far outnumber the women, but that is not a bad thing for us ladies ;) I am newly divorced and enjoy almost anything and everything outdoors, including shooting (although still very much an amateur). I began using this site about a year and a half ago when seeking advice on shooting and have come to the conclusion that the vast majority of the men on here are true, manly, men. I think it would be fun to start a forum on here for single women like myself to get to know some hardworking, strong, handsome, and like-minded men on here. What do you say ladies?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    A singles forum on INGO? No. Ignoring for the moment that I've been married for 11 years and have two kids, I don't want to bring that kind of drama to INGO.

Go to the shoots and meets n greets. Go to Appleseed events. Hell, go to a range by yourself (or PM me and we can make a date, I have at least 2 new firearms to try out; no, seriously, if you want to go, let's do it). Or do what I did and swear off men and dating completely for a year. 2 months after I said that, Mr88GT entered my life.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Fenway is REALLY against adding more and more sub-forums, and especially when they're not on-topic to the site's focus, because they clutter the place up fast. Ever been to Glocktalk? Dozens (even hundreds) of sub-forums and it's impossible to find anything there. Also, I'm with 88GT. The drama would be palpable. I vote no as well. There are plenty of dating sites out there. INGO doesn't need to be one of them.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    ...and have come to the conclusion that the vast majority of the men on here are true, manly, men.

I dunno about vast majority... We have some whiny little *****es on here. We've got some idiots and some wanna-be's on top of that. You're right though. There are some good guys around here too.

I agree with 88GT. The best way to date one is get out to events and meet people in person. Let it flow naturally from there.

I believe there is also an INGO group for singles. Doesn't look too active. You could promote that.
    Singles - INGunOwners

Last edited:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Do we get to use iTrader ratings?

Was item condition as listed in add.
    How would you rate the seller?
    How would you rate the buyer?
    Was the transaction a success?

Now you see it can not happen because of people such as I.

PS if I was single I would be all about meeting a girl with common interests.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    It sounds great on paper. Being a single guy my self(widower). It's hard to find women that aren't scared of guns. Meet and greets would be awesome. I'd be all for a meet and greet near South Bend. Have guns and ammo, will travel lol.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    If I were single,I'd totally be in.But there would be a metric ****-ton of drama for sure and it would ultimately be a detriment to the site.That being said,you have a sig line and the ability to post pictures of yourself on your profile.You could arrange a singles meet and shoot/meet and eat.Post a thread asking for fellow single INGOers to go to the range with you.Just be extra prepared and keep your flame suit handy because things can get pretty rough around here because the nail that sticks out(that would definitely stick out,both positively and negatively) gets hammered.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Lori was asking for feedback from singles. Only the married crew responded. Unfortunately this is typical. People are single because they are too shy or insecure to do anything about it.

It would be great to meet like minded men we share common ground with but I'm not sure that is possible here, at least not publically.

Do I want to publically fish for INGO men. Hell no!!!!!!! I try to participate in various threads. I make my views known. I have made it known I am single. I even have a pic from last year on my profile somewhere. So the rest is up to the men. I don't know how else to do it here Lori. I have found that I kind of quit looking because I'm busy and some of the men here downright scare me. For whatever reason by not looking the men seem to find me and contact me.

Unfortunately it is not always the cream of the crop that contact me. My favorite is the "oh if you ever need anyone to talk to I am here if you want to talk" Don't bother sending an email because then they ignore you. Note to asshat, this is what earned you an asshat title. You had your chance, your loss, now move along.

Unfortunately, due to all the truly dysfunctional INGO men who have contacted me and spooked me, I am now borderline flakey. Any man that contacts me almost scares me. I had a nice guy last week make a perfectly harmless comment in a PM and I felt the need to defend my prior actions. So he obviously has not contacted me since.

Personally I think the best you can do here is make your likes and dislikes known and see what swims up to the net to meet you.

Last edited:

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Start a singles MSG. Meet up for range trips, cookouts, breakfast before the 1500 or lunch after. Do so in a big enough group and it will provide the ability to get to know people while maintaining some sense of personal security. Ask if you can start a PW thread for singles. Those threads tend to talk less about guns and more just shooting the breeze. That way you can get a better sense of the people you are interacting with. Just some thoughts. Good luck in your search.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Or it can be as simple as a couple of local people getting together at the range. In our NW IN group, whoever is going to the range on any given day usually invites somebody (or everybody) to tag along if they're free. It could be a good way for you to meet local people without feeling too much like a blind date. It's just people getting together having fun shooting.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Or it can be as simple as a couple of local people getting together at the range. In our NW IN group, whoever is going to the range on any given day usually invites somebody (or everybody) to tag along if they're free. It could be a good way for you to meet local people without feeling too much like a blind date. It's just people getting together having fun shooting.

I agree. Get rid of the pressure and just have fun meeting people. Call it gunpowder pre-dating.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Lori was asking for feedback from singles. Only the married crew responded. Unfortunately this is typical. People are single because they are too shy or insecure to do anything about it.

It would be great to meet like minded men we share common ground with but I'm not sure that is possible here, at least not publically.

Do I want to publically fish for INGO men. Hell no!!!!!!! I try to participate in various threads. I make my views known. I have made it known I am single. I even have a pic from last year on my profile somewhere. So the rest is up to the men. I don't know how else to do here it Lori. I have found that I kind of quit looking because I'm busy and some of the men here downright scare me. For whatever reason by not looking the men seem to find me and contact me.

Unfortunately it is not always the cream of the crop that contact me. My favorite is the "oh if you ever need anyone to talk to I am here if you want to talk" Don't bother sending an email because then they ignore you. Note to asshat, this is what earned you an asshat title. You had your chance, your loss, now move along.

Unfortunately, due to all the truly dysfunctional INGO men who have contacted me and spooked me, I am now borderline flakey. Any man that contacts me almost scares me. I had a nice guy last week make a perfectly harmless comment in a PM and I felt the need to defend my prior actions. So he obviously has not contacted me since.

Personally I think the best you can do here is make your likes and dislikes known and see what swims up to the net to meet you.

Up to the men?
    It is 2014 now. Women can do some asking out.

Jackson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2008
    West side of Indy
    So the rest is up to the men. I don't know how else to do here it Lori.

You could find a guy that interests you and shoot them a PM. You can initiate things. As a poster said above, it is 2014. :)

I have found that I kind of quit looking because I'm busy and some of the men here downright scare me. Unfortunately it is not always the cream of the crop that contact me...

...Unfortunately, due to all the truly dysfunctional INGO men who have contacted me and spooked me, I am now borderline flakey. Any man that contacts me almost scares me.

This is interesting. It also seems to go to the point I made earlier. I'd be interested if you would elaborate on why the men are scary and what they're doing...

My favorite is the "oh if you ever need anyone to talk to I am here if you want to talk" Don't bother sending an email because then they ignore you. Note to asshat, this is what earned you an asshat title. You had your chance, your loss, now move along.

...unless we're talking about one specific guy. Then it may be best if we don't unroll that issue here.

I had a nice guy last week make a perfectly harmless comment in a PM and I felt the need to defend my prior actions. So he obviously has not contacted me since.

He made a harmless comment and you went off on him? This may not be helping your cause. You're supposed to get them hooked in before you show your true self. ;)

I generally agree with this. Though, it may take some effort and initiative on your part as well. You may need to PM someone first or go to some events. You may want to organize one. Either way, I think its best when it happens on its own out of regular social interaction.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    eHarmony.com
    Match.com

Real woman likes glocks & Cz's, .45 FMJ, off-roading, chaw, 2nd amendment, little gov't, walks in the woods OC of course, wants to meet manly men with steel targets and a range pass. Tie me up and I'll tie you up. Safe word (phrase) "Am I being detained?" Wanna party? Must like dogs, cats and monkeys. Rabbits, not so much. Must be able to put a sentence together w/o calling mama. Call me. No marrieds or convicts please.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    eHarmony.com
    Match.com

Real woman likes glocks & Cz's, .45 FMJ, off-roading, chaw, 2nd amendment, little gov't, walks in the woods OC of course, wants to meet manly men with steel targets and a range pass. Tie me up and I'll tie you up. Safe word (phrase) "Am I being detained?" Wanna party? Must like dogs, cats and monkeys. Rabbits, not so much. Must be able to put a sentence together w/o calling mama. Call me. No marrieds or convicts please.

Spinach...You forgot spinach.

Top Bottom