• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • k1500

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2013
    West Lafayette
    This blog was sent to me by an internet feminist I know. It is very extreme and I didn't give much credibility to it. Something new I notice of "male privileges" was point 66.

"And even when women do get access to guns, they are typically steered towards sh*ttier, misfire-prone weapons that will not stop an attacker under the guise that they are “lighter weight” and “better suited to women’s smaller hands”.

I responded to this particular point. I don't push junk guns on women. When I take a woman shooting for her very first time, I encourage her to fire a full size 9 mm or .40 cal that she can comfortably hold. Most postings on INGO encourage women to find a gun that is reliable and is the best defense caliber she can shoot comfortably. Any woman in the US, with proper ID and no felonies can buy any gun she wants at a gun store. The only time she will end up with junk is if she goes in saying something like "I only have $300 for a gun." If she insists on buying something, then she will receive something. I'm sure most employees would try to "upsell" her something not for the sake of profit, but for the sake of buying something reliable if she wants it for self defense.

The List of Male Privileges | XY Feminist

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    If anyone.....man or woman.....lets themselves get "steered" towards sh*ttier, misfire-prone weapons, etc, etc......that's there own darn fault. Let the buyer beware. If you are in the market to buy ANYTHING, it's up to YOU to do research and figure out what's the best buy for you. It doesn't matter if it's a gun, a car, a home, a stereo, or any other item. YOU are responsible for you actions.....no one else. Do stupid things, get stupid results.

Horsewing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2014
    Terre Haute
    That's not been my experience, but when I go in to buy I know exactly what I want. I have had salesmen tell me I 'need' this or that in addition to what I'm buying, but to me that's just being in sales. I make very few purchases without thoroughly researching what I want.

Actually, a lot of what is in #66 sounds like my MOTHER. Most of the men in my life, family or not, had no problem with or encouraged my interest in firearms. My mother wanted me to 'act like a girl.' SHE had the problem. After all these years she must have gotten over it somewhat, I showed her my new Sig last week and I didn't even get a dirty look. :rockwoot:

rs00956

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2014
    West milwaukee
    The biggest problem in gun stores is that women are more likely to be shown smaller caliber handguns and revolvers not defensive caliber firearms. I would agree that a 22 is a good starter gun, but most people buying handguns for self defense are not going to shoot more than a few boxes of ammo a year so a high degree of accuracy is not going to happen with them anyway so something in the glock or j frame size is good enough for them.

Rhoadmar

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The farm
    Her opinion of the female gender's ability to think and act by their own individual free will is something she has probably never considered.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    That article was a good, solid '9' in accuracy and veracity.

Of course, that '9' is on a scale of 1 - 531,276,949,771,823. :laugh:

Yes, yes, yes. "Life is unfair, and I hate that unfairness". :blahblah:

Whoever said it was supposed to be 'fair'? How'd ya acquire that level of stupidity in just one brief lifetime?

Life's not fair, someone out there hates ya for some inane 'reason', and who cares?

Welcome to the real world.

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    "Her? She?" Read the About section, if you can bring yourself to click on the link again. The author of the blog is a male.

What do you wanna bet he has two mommies?

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    XY Feminist is an XY person who was socialized to be male, a die-hard nerd, and a feminist. He evolved from a male-raised-feminist into die-hard-male-raised-radfem (if that’s possible?) after volunteering as an advocate at a rape crisis center, taking gender studies in college, reading large amounts of Friedan, Dworkin, Diane DiMassa and Twisty, enduring some personal tragedies that will not be detailed here, and after and having additional scales removed from his eyes by his future soul-mate, Snowdevil.

Wow

Top Bottom