• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    The first time I tried to take my wife to the range it caught fire (Beech Grove) and we had to leave early.

Wednesday was her birthday so I decided to give it another shot. Here she is shooting a Ruger SR22 at Parabellum. Great range BTW.

We also tried a Ruger LC380 which we both hated. But overall it was a good day. She had fun and says she wants to go back. :rockwoot:

[video=youtube_share;RShQRFnfun0]http://youtu.be/RShQRFnfun0[/video]

Sorry for the vertical view. It was an impromptu video.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Nice! She seems to do very well for (I assume) a new shooter!
    She leans into the shots, and handles recoil well! No slowly leaning backwards after every shot! Congrats!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    She has taken to it quickly. Fortunately for her she has a knack for not listening to any of the tips I try to give her.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Cool. My wife would have wanted to shoot me if she knew I was filming her and especially if she knew I put it up on the internet. :):

What didn't you like about the SR22?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Cool. My wife would have wanted to shoot me if she knew I was filming her and especially if she knew I put it up on the internet. :):

What didn't you like about the SR22?

The SR22 was okay. It's the LC380 we didn't like. The trigger stinks. It's DAO. Mags were hard to seat. We had some feeding issues with it, and it failed to go into battery several times.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The SR22 was okay. It's the LC380 we didn't like. The trigger stinks. It's DAO. Mags were hard to seat. We had some feeding issues with it, and it failed to go into battery several times.

OK. I'd kind of been considering that SR22 someday as a future purchase.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    It wouldn't be my first choice for a .22 pistol if I had to spend money on one. I'd much rather have something like a Mark III, but the SR22 is fun to mess around with from time to time.

Was yours a rental? My buddy bought one, and it has been the only .22 pistol we shot that we didn't have any issues with.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    This thread title is very misleading.
    Yes, I was expecting to learn some new techniques on how to properly use my trigger finger. Maybe one of those pie charts that tells you what you are doing wrong when you don't hit the right spot.

Good on the OP for doing something for his wife's BDay that can't be bought at a store.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Was yours a rental? My buddy bought one, and it has been the only .22 pistol we shot that we didn't have any issues with.

Yes we rented it, but I've shot privately owned SR22s too. Like I said. It's okay as a plinker and it runs pretty consistently. It's not my favorite package though. I don't like the fact that it has a safety, and safety is reversed (flip up to disengage).

They also feel just a little too loose for my taste and the mags are tough to seat. It's easy to field strip, but a little awkward to get back together.

I'd happily take one if someone gifted it to me, but it used to be a gun I was considering buying. I don't really feel that way anymore.

Top Bottom