• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • burt gummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    noblesville
    so last week I took my gf to the range and went shooting for the first time ever she shot a glock 17 and killed the zombie targets it was amazing I couldn't believe it, the targets were 10-15ft away so nothing to hard to shoot at but I praised her anyway for her first time, and she loved it so much she wants to go back again,

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I had to drag my daughter kicking and screaming to the range with me. Then she shot like a champ too. It's fun to bring new shooters to the range. And it's even cooler to take a girl. Most catch on well. They usually do well too. And then you have to buy them their own gun if you want yours back. :-(

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    My opinion is that the average girl/woman is a better, more natural shooter than the average boy/guy.
    They tend to use more finesse, and their center of gravity is naturally lower.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    The G17 is a good gun for a woman to get acquainted into shooting. It was one of my wife's first guns and still her favorite.

And yes she is a better shot than me too.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    The first time I took my (now wife) to the range.....I had very sore thumbs....I couldn't load the ammo fast enough. I guess that's what happens when you marry an Ozzie.....their only used to bows & arrows, boomarangs, and blowguns.....if were not careful, BO (Barrack Obama) will make boomarangs a registered assault weapon here....

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    The first time I took my (now wife) to the range.....I had very sore thumbs....I couldn't load the ammo fast enough. I guess that's what happens when you marry an Ozzie.....their only used to bows & arrows, boomarangs, and blowguns.....if were not careful, BO (Barrack Obama) will make boomarangs a registered assault weapon here....

Everyone should have one of these:
    Maglula UpLULA Pistol Mag Loader Unloader Polymer

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    It is known that the best snipers are women.

Interesting first post. Welcome to the forum.

Would you care to further qualify your statement above, or back it up with WHO "knows" this, or whose statistics prove it to be the case?

-Nate

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Commie Pinko middle daughter (Ball State student) tagged along one Sat.
    Stopped by my local range and let her rip a mag through the AR.
    Offhand, all in the black.
    She was smiling.
    Hadn't shot in years.
    Think she's feeling a bit ill from all the "guilt".

Redleg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    New Palestine
    My wife and I both military with similar pistol experience but she is a better shot. I think she has to focus more on stance and grip combined with more patience equals more bulls eyes.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Am I the only one who is a better shot than their wife? She isn't a bad shot and has been shooting several times, but she's not as accurate as I am. Not that I'm a world class shooter mind you.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    Am I the only one who is a better shot than their wife? She isn't a bad shot and has been shooting several times, but she's not as accurate as I am. Not that I'm a world class shooter mind you.

My husband is a better natural shot then I am. I have to work harder at it then he does

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    I had to drag my daughter kicking and screaming to the range with me. Then she shot like a champ too. It's fun to bring new shooters to the range. And it's even cooler to take a girl. Most catch on well. They usually do well too. And then you have to buy them their own gun if you want yours back. :-(

My daughter wanted to go with me, she had been asking for a while when I was going to take her to the range. She had a great time, emptied the 10/22 at the steel plates, put it down and smiled, said "this is so much fun, I love it". And I had just bought that stainless 10/22 too, hardly broken in... but it was hers from that point forward.

Rarejewell

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2015
    Metro Indy
    My husband took me shooting and I loved it. I had been shooting before, but he was the one that bought me my first gun. I have recently made 2 new purchases so I can shoot more. Now I am trying to find more time to shoot and possibly join a range/club but work makes that difficult since I work 2nd shift.

Nacelle

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2015
    Muncie
    I'm prepping to get my wife to go shooting with me in the spring. I added a bipod and a red dot to my 22. Hopefully that will make it so fun and easy to shoot that she'll want to go back.

Top Bottom