• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RyanGSams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Portage
    My wife wants to carry her smith and wesson shield in her purse. I am wondering what is a good holster is good in a purse. She is pregnant and feels that when the baby comes it will be easier to have it in her purse rather than on her belt and get caught in the car seat and such. Any recommendations are appreciated.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    My wife wants to carry her smith and wesson shield in her purse. I am wondering what is a good holster is good in a purse. She is pregnant and feels that when the baby comes it will be easier to have it in her purse rather than on her belt and get caught in the car seat and such. Any recommendations are appreciated.

I would recommend remora holsters, but more importantly, I would recommend a purse with a pocket dedicated to the pistol.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    These are a good brand purse that has a good warranty. The purse comes with a holster inside it that is adjustable to fit your gun. I have the crossbody messenger but got it for quite a bit less than the price listed here when Cabelas had it on sale. The strap is also reinforced so it cannot be cut.

Women's Store - Designing and crafting premium leather goods since 1981

This site also has some good ideas for concealed carry and options for women.

The Well Armed Woman, Where the Feminine and Firearms Meet

crazycatlady

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    Allen county
    There is a mom who carries concealed on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWDoreCuB3Y. Might be worth watching to help answer some of her questions.

I now carry almost exclusively on body now, but do have two concealed carry (purpose built) purses as well. HOWEVER, that purse never can leave my control. No setting it on the car roof to put the car seat in the car or putting it on the floor to attend to anything. I could also see issues with access when she is weighed down with purse, diaper bag plus car seat. Babies take so much in the way of stuff for such small people. :)

If she decides to try carrying on her body, she may decide she needs to expand her holster wardrobe as well.

msmeek12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2015
    Greenfield
    Clearly, some of these posts are from men that could never understand what your wife is going through. I carry my shield in a suede holster, inside my purse, that has a back pocket specifically for my gun. I purchased both the holster and the purse from independent dealers. As long as she can get her hand in there quickly and it comes out as fast as she is comfortable with, she should be good to go. After all, you can always shoot through the purse if you need to.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Just a suggestion to be examined as to whether or not it could be of use to your particular situation...
    Shoulder bag with sturdy strap, attractively quilted from good quality cotton fabric with a partition that allows the double action revolver to be isolated, muzzle to be pushed into the front bottom corner while being firmly grasped for retrieval or use in situ.
    Some like it, some do not.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Clearly, some of these posts are from men that could never understand what your wife is going through. I carry my shield in a suede holster, inside my purse, that has a back pocket specifically for my gun. I purchased both the holster and the purse from independent dealers. As long as she can get her hand in there quickly and it comes out as fast as she is comfortable with, she should be good to go. After all, you can always shoot through the purse if you need to.
    Man or not, the idea that it's best to always have control of your weapon when carrying isn't wrong.

Top Bottom