• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CS2KS2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    My wife is considering the purchase of a Dene Adams corset holster for her M&P Shield 9mm. Does anyone have any experience with this carry option? If so, what are the pros and cons?

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    I don't own the Dene Adams, but I use a conceptually similar version by Nickel and Lace. Works very well for me. Keeps it close and secure without requiring a belt.
    I carry something that weighs a fair amount more than the Shield and have no trouble. Plus, there are pockets on both sides, allowing you to carry the firearm and an extra mag, easily...or even a second gun, if you choose.
    Here's a link:
    Nickel and Lace, Not your Daddy's holster, Shape wear holster

CS2KS2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Thank you for the option.

What is the draw like? Do you have a problem lifting your cover garment high enough to present? Seems from the pictures that you would need to cross-draw almost like a shoulder holster.

Jeepcrazed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 25, 2011
    Thank you for the option.

What is the draw like? Do you have a problem lifting your cover garment high enough to present? Seems from the pictures that you would need to cross-draw almost like a shoulder holster.
    I do not cross draw. There is a slight forward cant. I've tried a number of different holster options, and for me, having it with me and on me in a way that I can wear consistently, outweighs any issue I might have to overcome in presentation.

Lees

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    My wife is considering the purchase of a Dene Adams corset holster for her M&P Shield 9mm. Does anyone have any experience with this carry option? If so, what are the pros and cons?

I have heard from multiple women that you can easily pull the trigger through the Dene Adams corset holster, they might be fixing this issue with some sort of reinforcement. Can Can Concealment is popular and it's much more difficult to pull the trigger through the fabric (but possible). I can't really trust anything except Kydex for myself, personally. I have considered the Can Can just for jogging only.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have heard from multiple women that you can easily pull the trigger through the Dene Adams corset holster, they might be fixing this issue with some sort of reinforcement. Can Can Concealment is popular and it's much more difficult to pull the trigger through the fabric (but possible). I can't really trust anything except Kydex for myself, personally. I have considered the Can Can just for jogging only.
    One word of warning about jogging: be very careful to select a lightweight gun and a very tight holster. I have a men's belly-band holster that is great for jogging, but only if I put the PK380 in.

Found this one out when my P99 flopped out of the holster while jogging.

Lees

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    One word of warning about jogging: be very careful to select a lightweight gun and a very tight holster. I have a men's belly-band holster that is great for jogging, but only if I put the PK380 in.

Found this one out when my P99 flopped out of the holster while jogging.

Yeah, I'd rather not have that happen. One thing about something like a Can Can is that it's lower, around your hips, so tight pants like running tights would help to hold in.

Lees

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    This was my main concern also! They have recently added a kydex trigger guard that fits inside the corset pocket.

Which one added the trigger guard? Dene Adams? I looked on the website but didn't seen anything about it.

Lees

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    It is an add on that is stitched into the pocket of any of the corsets. Each guard is molded to the specific pistol. My wife's is on the way. I will let you know how it works.

Custom Trigger Guard Insert ? Dene Adams

Thanks for the link. It looks like it's just going to "secure" in there with a patch of Velcro. That might work ok, might not be that great. I'd love to see details.

Edit: I asked in a group with a lot of women and so far one has said that she has it and loves it, and that it works very well. She had held off on buying the DA because of the lack of trigger guard before.

Last edited:

Lees

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    I found a video showing the trigger guard in use! It still makes me a little nervous because it's not a clamshell like I thought, it's just a piece of what is probably kydex(ish) over the outer part. What about the inner part? I don't know. Is that still safe? I mean like, REALLY safe. Like, safe for a Glock kind of safe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUbRiQG3ceM

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I found a video showing the trigger guard in use! It still makes me a little nervous because it's not a clamshell like I thought, it's just a piece of what is probably kydex(ish) over the outer part. What about the inner part? I don't know. Is that still safe? I mean like, REALLY safe. Like, safe for a Glock kind of safe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUbRiQG3ceM
    Don't see why it wouldn't be safe. It's probably more secure there than in many non-retention holsters that I have seen.

Lees

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Don't see why it wouldn't be safe. It's probably more secure there than in many non-retention holsters that I have seen.

Leaning on something and having it slip under the corset to the back side where there's no kydex? The corner of a book, a pencil, baby toes, etc? I'm not sure how much it could move or what could potentially slip in there. A woman on Youtube demonstrating leaning on a book and pulling the trigger (without the new kydex trigger guard in place).

Top Bottom