• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lees

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    I heard about it, but I couldn't see it being worth $50 plus driving downtown and being away from my kids all day. I went to the NRA convention and it was ok, but so crowded it was hard to look at much. Maybe this one would have been a bit easier, but maybe not.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    I not only attended, I was a model. It wasn't in the "real" downtown area so it was really easy to get to and parking was fine (and FREE)/ It wasn't crowded at all and there was plenty of room to talk to the different vendors and plenty of seats for the fashion show. Nothing like the crowds at the gun shows or the convention. There are pictures posted on their Facebook page.

DVS9MM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2015
    Zionsville
    I attended the show last year and this year as well. It is a GREAT show, and the proceeds go to a good cause (The Beacon House). The speakers were excellent, and fashion show was fun. Also, since it's not overly crowded, you can easily talk to the vendors and see/touch/feel the things at their tables. I'd say the attendees were 90% women, so it's pretty cool to see so many women shooters. Also, this year they had a black Friday sale, and I got two tickets for the price of one, so if they have it again, maybe you can split the cost with someone. Oh, and they had TONS of raffle gift baskets with firearms in them. Sadly I didn't win one :( I would recommend going to anyone!

Lees

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    what would you have paid to get in?

I don't think $50 is unreasonable for a convention per se, it's just that I personally know I won't get that out of it. I don't really like to listen to the discussions at conventions, I prefer looking at the booths, especially going to booths with stuff I can touch and buy on the spot, and talking about stuff. I stopped going to GenCon when it got to $50 because all I wanted to do was look at the booths, and that's just not worth $50. Keystone at the Crossing area I'd have gone for $40 and grumbled that it was a lot of money for me getting to look at booths. Downtown, $25 a person or $50 a family, I'd probably have gone. I'd have brought my family. My kids are little, my husband and I are best friends, and I just don't go to stuff alone very often, besides when I go to my office once a week. I've gone to some conventions that had one price to get in to the booth areas, and a higher priced ticket to go to the discussions.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    What would you have paid to get in?

My wife took one look at the $50 price tag and stopped right there. $20-$25 and she would be okay with the price but $50 is too salty especially when she isn't interested in the speakers. She is only interested in it for the female specific products and booths.

romad7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    From the site:
    No live ammunition
    All firearms will be checked at entrance

​Does this mean carrying of loaded guns is not allowed? Is that a facility rule or event rule?

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    My wife took one look at the $50 price tag and stopped right there. $20-$25 and she would be okay with the price but $50 is too salty especially when she isn't interested in the speakers. She is only interested in it for the female specific products and booths.

Thank you. I'm on the planning committee now so this feedback WILL be used for next years event

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    From the site:
    No live ammunition
    All firearms will be checked at entrance

​Does this mean carrying of loaded guns is not allowed? Is that a facility rule or event rule?

This was an event rule. This was an educational event and the organizers wanted to make it as safe as possible for EVERYONE to be able to take out guns and try them in different holsters without having to worry about a negligent discharge. Not everyone attending would be familiar with their firearm or the 4 safety rules yet so it was decided (after much thought and consulting with the security firm hired for the event) to not have loaded guns in the venue.

Top Bottom