• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LlamaMama

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Bunker Hill
    First thing I'd like to address is size. Brian of Hank's sent me this chart before I ordered mine. If I hadn't asked, I would have ordered a large instead of a medium based on the size chart posted on Amazon and their website, which goes by women's clothing sizes instead of inches. This was 100% accurate for me.
    BELT SIZE Measurement to 4th Hole Measurement To End Of Belt
    XSM 31" 38"
    SML 33" 40"
    MED 35" 42"
    LRG 37" 44"
    XLG 39" 46"
    XXL 41" 48"
    While searching for a women's specific carry belt, I could only find a few, by Hank's, Daltech Force, and Flashbang. Hank's is the least expensive, ($49) with free prime shipping on Amazon.
    I had the opportunity to compare my Hank's belt with Daltech Force's women's pink stitch belt as I ordered both. (I'll post a review of my Daltech Force belt as well)
    I can't say either is definitely better, they're both nice, good looking, quality belts. But my Hank's belt was $13 cheaper, and in my hands in 2 days. It fits great, and Hank's does free exchanges if it didn't.
    My Daltech Force belt was almost 6" too long going by their size chart, and took 8 days to get. (size chart says add 2" to your waist size and that's your belt size. For me, I had to order 2" LESS than my waist size for it to fit correctly)
    For Daltech Force exchange I had to pay return shipping and wait another week to have another made. Both belts have similar warranties, Hank's is 100 years, Daltech Force is lifetime.
    Hank's belt is a little thicker, yet more flexible. It also has pretty floral design chicago screws, Daltech Force screws are plain. It does a great job holding my Taurus PT111 G2 in my Tagua holster, and I would wear it even if I wasn't carrying. (This is true of both belts) I imagine I'll be wearing this belt for years to come.

Black 'Bonnie' white stich women's concealed carry belt
    71EE+lhiHML._SL1600_.jpg
    20160623_163544.jpg
    20160623_163623.jpg
    20160623_163632.jpg
    20160623_163709.jpg

Last edited:

Lees

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    Thanks for sharing. How strange that their published measurements are so far off.

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    What was your thought process in purchasing this belt vs. other types? Looks, thinner size for loops, etc? Any shifting upward when you draw or is it stiff enough to prevent that? Thank you for the write up! It does look like a nice belt.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Thanks for sharing. How strange that their published measurements are so far off.

Im not surprised. My Daltech was a little big. But I'm a man, so I just cut it down and carefully melted the tip smooth and rounded it. :):

Thanks for the review. Wife needs one.

LlamaMama

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Bunker Hill
    What was your thought process in purchasing this belt vs. other types? Looks, thinner size for loops, etc? Any shifting upward when you draw or is it stiff enough to prevent that? Thank you for the write up! It does look like a nice belt.

This and my Daltech Force belt are the first belts I've ordered online. I'm not much of a fashionista, most of my belts came with jeans I bought, and if I needed another I'd go to Walmart and buy whichever black belt fit! I do have different width belts for different size belt loops, I forgot to mention belt width.

Both the Hank's and Daltech Force belts are 1 ¼ inch width to fit through smaller belt loops. They fit all my jeans great, not hard to get through, but not loose. Both belts are about as thick as 3 quarters stacked together, but the Hank's belt feels more supple to me. (this doesn't affect how well it holds up my holster and pistol)

I was looking for a good everyday belt, feminine but not flashy. Hank's has black and brown belts, black has white stitching, brown has pink. Daltech also has black and brown, both with pink stitching. (my Daltech is brown/pink) Daltech also has different choices for the buckle, Hank's does not. Both have chicago screws so buckles can be easily changed. Flashbang sells some flashier belts, with flashy buckles. Their website says their belts have a stiffener between 2 layers of leather also. I believe Flashbang belts are also 1 ¼ inch width.

Like buying any women's anything online I'm glad I asked questions, I would have totally ordered the wrong size if I hadn't asked for the size chart in inches. I wish I had done the same when I ordered my Daltech belt!

As for stiffness and movement, this belt is definitely thick enough to stay in place. I tested it against my old everyday belt when drawing, and the difference is drastic. It does move some, I don't think that can be prevented with the shape of our bodies. But it's such a small amount of movement that it doesn't affect my draw like a regular belt. I honestly don't think a belt with a stiffener would make an appreciable difference for women vs a thick leather belt, although I haven't tried one. It would have to be so tight to get it not to move at all that it would be super uncomfortable, especially when factoring in the jeans we're wearing. Some women's jeans have less loops than men's jeans, especially dressier ones. Obviously more loops would be better.

I don't think one could go wrong with this belt for basic every day, especially for the price, great warranty and return policy, and ability to change the buckle out. If you'd prefer black with pink stitching, I'd go with Daltech.

LlamaMama

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2016
    Bunker Hill
    Im not surprised. My Daltech was a little big. But I'm a man, so I just cut it down and carefully melted the tip smooth and rounded it. :):

Thanks for the review. Wife needs one.

I would have cut my belt down, but it was so far off I'd have had to cut it from the buckle end and punch new screw holes!

Top Bottom