• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Found this on Cabin Life Styles. Thought it was interesting enough to share. I'm not sure where they got it or how recent it is considering they mentioned 2009.

pFyWa.jpg

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    And yet, many of the gun stores that you and I have visited patronize you and treat you like an idiot. One even tried to sell you a 70-year old revolver because "it has fewer controls and you won't have to think so hard to use it". We've been to a few, though, who seem to get it and are thrilled to have your business.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    That HK P2000 as the second most popular handgun for women seems a bit random. Nothing against H&K; I think they make fine weapons, but I wouldn't have guessed that pistol as number 2...

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    How many women here have a Glock 26 over a Glock 19? I had a 26. Seems it would be a better carry gun due to size but now wondering how many here, if any, have either a 26 or 19. I know 19s are popular though.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    I'm surprised with the Glock 19 being the most popular gun for women. I wonder how many women are carrying one? Versus using it for home defense that is. As a guy, I think the double stack grip is almost, sort of, bordering on too large for my hands. Plus I don't like to carry it, I think it is too thick and prefer my PPS.

At any rate, those statistics are :yesway:

chevy46514

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    My wife carries a Springfield 3.8 XDm 40. Stainless slide. She shoots better than me with it sadly.

pleiades

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 17, 2011
    I had a G26 and a G19. Because the G19 was a little bigger, I was more accurate with it. But now I have revolvers & 1911's. My sister has an M&P 9mm and a LCP. My niece has a Sig P238. My friend who is literally 90 pounds has a G26 that she is incredibly accurate with, then another friend has a G19. So really, it just depends on the girl!!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Currently G26. Formerly 1911. Soon to be G17 or G21.

And always the .38 BUG.

The HK seems suspect to me too. Nothing against HK (I lust after the P30L and would have one if I didn't loathe DAO), but I don't see the price tag of HKs making it that popular.

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    How many women here have a Glock 26 over a Glock 19? I had a 26. Seems it would be a better carry gun due to size but now wondering how many here, if any, have either a 26 or 19. I know 19s are popular though.

You were pretty happy with your G26 even though the grip was a little too big for you. Now that you're getting ready to pick up your new M&P Shield, I think you should revisit this thread.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I can tell you as of this moment, it, M&P Shield) is my favorite handgun that I have shot so far. Now, I'll have to revisit this thread after this coming weekend since I won't be picking it up until Friday. The few rounds I put through it his past weekend were great!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Found this article too about top 10 firearms. I think this one was written in 2010 though. It's be nice if articles actually contained a date.

www.FemaleFirearms.com: Top Ten Firearms for Females - Top Ten Firearms for Female Self Defense

The new S&W M&P Shield 9mm should definitely be included in any updated list of firearms for women.

I'd bet money the poster in the OP is simply a regurgitation of the this article, or vice versa. Top 5 firearms are the same.

I'd like to see some sales data. I still find it hard to believe the $1000 H&K is second on the list.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Hum...I would love to see an updated article on this after a few months of sales data on the new Shield. Finally had one in my hand tonight, haven't shot one yet but it answered my concerns on width from my M&P 9c.

Top Bottom