My wife is a gun hater and I'm sick of it.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ol'Bluesmoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    So I finally get enough money to buy a handgun...a Ruger P95 9mm, after having to sell my other guns (except for one shotgun) three years ago when we fell on hard times, and she is giving me total crap. Now I'm not saying we don't have some other problems in our marriage, but damn I think I'm with the wrong woman!

Last edited by a moderator:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    So I finally get enough money to buy a handgun...a Ruger P95 9mm, after having to sell my other guns (except for one shotgun) three years ago when we fell on hard times, and she is giving me total crap. Now I'm not saying we don't have some other problems in our marriage, but damn I think I'm with the wrong woman!

That Sucks!

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    That's why we keep little secrets. And we keep them well hidden.

So when you save up for that AR - or AK even, I suggest a well hidden compartment in the garage or basement.

Incidently, my gal is ok with my guns so long as I don't leave them out for cats to play with. And I pay for everything anyways. What could she say?

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    you need to have a buddy "break in" and scare the bejesus outta her. shell start singing a different tune.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009

There are plenty of fish in the sea....

but there is only one Ma Deuce.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I think you need to have a serious talk with her about it. Maybe a few talks. Don't get defensive, just explain why you like guns, and why you want to have a few. If she see's you're serious about it, and if you really listen to her opinions, and she sees that, it might work out. On the other hand, I've said it before and I'll say it again. It don't take that long of living bachelor style to earn back half of your stuff, and most of your sanity. Good luck.

smiley69_300

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Ripley County
    I think you need to have a serious talk with her about it. Maybe a few talks. Don't get defensive, just explain why you like guns, and why you want to have a few. If she see's you're serious about it, and if you really listen to her opinions, and she sees that, it might work out. On the other hand, I've said it before and I'll say it again. It don't take that long of living bachelor style to earn back half of your stuff, and most of your sanity. Good luck.

Very well said. I would def this idea before anthing. Main thing is like he said dont get defensive and stay calm.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    How about take the pistol money and get some marriage counseling?

It's much more precious than the pistol.

-J-

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    you need to have a buddy "break in" and scare the bejesus outta her. shell start singing a different tune.

CookieMonster.jpg

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Sic 'em girls! I was wondering when one of you was gonna come up for air on this stupidity!! I can see it now... Wifey shoots buddy with the new Ruger, and hubby spends time in the pokey for being an idiot!!!
    Get 'em.!!

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN

My advice: If you don't have kids (or they are adults), then get rid of her. Life is too short to put up with someone else's :poop:

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Far too many people end their marriages for far too many reasons... I don't think that a 2nd amendment stand should be one of them.

Having said that... You need to slowly feed real data to your wife about the positive benefits of gun ownership.

My wife was 110% anti-gun when we met. I did not force the issue for years, but I constantly fed her information about the "news-of-the-day" and how a responsible gun owner might have handled the situation. ((( The latest news story form Ohio has a mass-murderer that killed at least eleven women. It was my wife who suggested to me, that if the first woman in the series had carried a handgun, then the other other women may have had a different fate.)))

My wife went from being a complete non-starter when it came to firearms to being a REAL 2nd amendment advocate. How did she change? It was the little whispers in the ear and a constant assault of fact and reason. My wife also took small steps into the world of firearms. Her first handgun was a "PINK" Walther P22... Her second was a Bersa Thunder 380CC... Her latest "constant companion" is her Ruger LCR revolver. It has been fascinating to watch my wife evolve into a "REAL" gu owner, and to see her change from a subject into a citizen.

It takes time, but it can be done.

A wife's evolution:
    pinkp22kb0.jpg

channelandbullets.jpg

rugerlcrchanel.jpg

I feel for the Perp who thinks my wife is a "soft" target.

Required reading for the lady of the house:
    Cornered Cat

Last edited:

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    Now if only Chanel made holsters :D

I've got to agree with the above. A little goes a long way...at the same time though, you do have to put a little bit of a foot down. Communication is big in a marriage as well as respecting your spouses differences in opinions. Maybe find out what is really bothering her about it, if its safety of a firearm in the home, have her look into trigger locks/safes or the like and let her have some input. All in all though, its one of those things, like any other tool, that should be left up to your need/decision, but open communication is key.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008

Great way to end up with a dead friend... She may not like guns, but never understand what a PO'ed woman can do with a steak knife.

Is there a possibility that she has associated guns and hard times? Thus you bring one back and anxiety grows that the other is in tow?

Think on it.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Great way to end up with a dead friend... She may not like guns, but never underestimate what a PO'ed woman can do with a steak knife.

Plus, if they're not already there, this would cause some SERIOUS trust issues.

Is there a possibility that she has associated guns and hard times? Thus you bring one back and anxiety grows that the other is in tow?

Think on it.

Good thought, Techres! And along with that goes the reminder that having the guns available to you to sell is part of what got you through those hard times.

I agree: Think on it.

Blessings,
    Bill

gmviso

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Sorry to hear of your problem. My 2 cents is this. If having a weapon is that important to you then I guess you should add it to your stuff. But keep in mind that if you do you may end up with only half of your stuff. Try to work all of your issues out with one another. If you do then maybe she'll give in on the gun. In any case it is usually cheaper to keep her.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tatdale2
    Top Bottom