• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    If you have a regular 10/22 and want to switch to the heavy barrel that is on the target model then is the stock all that you need to change as well? Also, will the heavy barrel work with all of the rest of the parts and reciever on a regular 10/22?

Thanks

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Depending on the stock, you might have to open it up using sand paper or a file or something...

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I'd say use a knife, but I saw you handle a knife at the chop-in and wouldn't suggest that again :D

:stickpoke:

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    Yes all the part and receiver will work with the heavy barrel. You can use your stock but you will need to open up the barrel channel. A piece of sandpaper wrapped around a piece of pipe or dowel rod works well for enlarging the barrel channel.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    if you're going to spend the money to put in a quality heavy target barrel, you really might as well upgrade your stock while you're at it. You can open up the barrel channel if you really have the time and inclination - but you'll also need to refinish and seal everywhere you removed material.

beau.brandt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    I did this same swap to mine about three months ago and it is absolutely awesome... I used a Green Mountain barrels and a Hogue stock and the thing shoots amazing. You will enjoy it.

Mat250

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have heard of a few people having tight fits between an aftermarket barrel and receiver. Some of the tips I read were to put the barrel in the freezer. It doesn't sound like a common problem but if it is hard to get in you could try it out.

Top Bottom