15 yr old son has turned into a SHOOTER!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    My son, Chase is bright; very bright. Over the past 6 months he has lost a bunch of weight, gained a bunch of muscle, and started getting interested in wrestling and poss MMA. Never seemed to be too interested in shooting with me. This past weekend however, he decided he wanted to learn how to "really" shoot. So I took him to Hillside Shooting Sports in Roanoke IN. We started off with the AR offhand. He was hitting the steel standing at 200-300 and 400 yards.

Then we went to the pistol range and I used the M&P22 pistol and GSG-5 to teach him basic gun handling. We ended up shooting over 500 rounds of 22. He was wicked fast and accurate. He is now begging me to take him and teach him more this weekend.:rockwoot:

I am so proud of him that I just had to share.
    20120428_140553.jpg

20120428_131206.jpg

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Glad to hear it man!! I know how hard it can be to keep the interest of a high school kid... Awesome you guys have something you are passionate about to share.

Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial
    That's awesome! :rockwoot: Can't wait until my 13 year old is over his health issues so I can take him shooting for the first time.

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    Congrats on your son. Good luck to him on his wrestling career, both my son wrestled for New Haven. Its a great sport , really brought out the best in my boys. My oldest son did well, but his younger brother really shined on the mats. Be careful though, he'll be outshooting you soon:):. Taught both my boys archery and firearms at an early age. I can not even come close to keeping up with my youngest son with a compound bow anymore, and he is getting very good with a rifle. Makes me really work hard to out shoot him with a rifle. Fortunately they still can't outshoot me with a handgun.;) We have been wanting to get out to Hillside, mabey we will see you there sometime.

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    That's great that he is showing an interest! Now you'll be feeding two gun habits.

I took my 8 year old boy out a couple weeks ago with his new henry survival .22. We went to Bradis and picked it out together (great memory for both of us). He loves that it breaks down and fits into the buttstock. He can put it together and take it down himself. He also got to try my Walther p22 - and loved it. I bought it a couple years ago with him in mind for when he got older. Well he's older now and loving shooting with his old man.

Nothing better than that!

Top Bottom