• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    There is a stainless Springer in the classifieds for $500.

I was going to pull the trigger on a metro arms commander, but went with a government because it's got a bit less rattle than the commander length.

Have you looked at any of ATI's non 22 1911s

Tandor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2011
    Chesterton
    :yesway:Well here is my 2 cents, just 2 words SPRING-FIELD. Had a new Rem r-1 had problems with the trigger right out of the box. Got my $$$ back and went with the A-1 loaded. 600 plus rounds thru it and NO problems

Bang-bang

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Indy/Homeplace/Carmel
    "For the $499 price range you could pick up a Rock Island and and have a nice 1911."

I did and man is it sweet! You can try it and see what you think. try it buy before you buy it. It's very gtg.

( I like the 45 acp's, I have others, so thats what I base the statement on)

Tandor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2011
    Chesterton
    @grube555. I had a Rem r-1, paid like 640.00, BUT right out of the box I had a bad trigger, would not reset after every shot. Took it back after the sale rep from Remington suggested I was holding it wrong....I'm 47 yrs young and been shooting since I was 7...well if you count BB guns...I dont hold a gun wrong. But when I did take it back to Bythles (Valpo, Northwest Indiana) the Owner Dave had pressed the trigger sideways...yes sideways and the gun went off! We were in the range at the time but I carried that gun for 1 week (never chambered) So I for one have had a BAD experience with Remington 1911's. I got my money back and upgraded to a Springfield A-1 loaded. i'm glad I did paid 780.oo but I seen them at Midwest gun exchange for 740.oo Hope this helps...

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Yes, Hi-Standard and Hi-Point are different animals, at least somewhat. I was having some anxiety about a Hi-Point 1911 myself there. That would set things back quite a bit. We know there are some cheep 1911s, but please. Thanks for clearing that up.

Seabee Lineman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    I currently own 4 1911's, A Remington 1911R1, Colt enhanced gov't, Reminton-Rand 1911A1, and a Rock Island FS Tactical 9mm. I really like the Remington, I have fired 800 failure free rounds, and it just keeps getting better. My Rock Island was hitting consitantly low, after a sight change, it was determined by my smith, the barrel lugs were cut to deep into the slide. A custom made FO sight fixed the problem. Colt's are nice but your paying for that FOUR letter word. IMHO get you a Remington.

1911 mike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    3rd rock from the sun
    I am very happy with my Rock Island. At $522 and then I purchased some nice things from Brownell's and then sent it off to Arnel at Armscor in Nevada. Arnel is the Master gunsmith at Armscor. Another $314 and I now have a 1911 that will shoot with the best of them. It's been tuned and slicked up by Arnel and I couldn't be an more pleased. I have some high end 1911's and it's just as good as they are. I carry it every day and have put close to 2,000 rounds down the pipe, and it eats up everything you can put in in. Arnel is the Master gunsmith, one of the best.

Top Bottom