• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I noticed when cleaning the Springer Loaded that the ejector no longer sits flush. I meant to snap a pic of it and forgot. On my ATI it sits flush against the face and I am fairly certain this has always as well. This one has about 600-700rds through it and it doesn't have any ejection issues with any of my mags (Springfield, Mecgar, Wilson, Colt).

Does it need restaked? Or am I being too much of a worry wart? Pics tonight when I get back home.

Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Yes, it shoul be down flush to the frame. On some Springfield 1911s, the ejector is glued in. If you don't see a pin in between the rails on the left side just slightly forward of the middle of the ejector, that is the case. The adhesive isn't holding it. I'm thinking you can call Springfield and return it and they will drill it and install a pin. Or at least they used to do that. You could pull it out, clean it and apply Loctite and reinstall it.
    Maybe easier to call AllenM and get a quote to do it. 20220906_173819.jpg

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    By the way, this is not something that a guy wants to try in the garage on his drill press. The hole goes all the way through the frame. 1/16" diameter.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Rear of the slide.
    It's very common especially on SPFD's for both the extractor and ejector to not fit flush with the slide, they are just drop in parts and sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't. Most ejectors fit pretty tight in the frame so I doubt it's been moving but if you have a plastic hammer i'd give it some taps front and back and see if it moves, you won't hurt anything.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    That looks like a typical SPFD extractor to me and better than many i've had.
    Huh.... I seem to remember it was flush before. But then again I didnt remember my 3" ATI shooting low and left either. Thought I might be pulling the shot, so I switched to the full size Spring. But the 5" Springer I was dead on with. Funny part, if I trusted myself and did a draw and fire without fully using the sights I was fine. Slow down, use the sights and it was low and left every damn time. Probably a sight alignment issue with those big glowy sights on the ATI

Top Bottom