• ...and so much more!
  • rspr8tr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Glad it worked out

Ric, thanks for sharing this thread with me, some of the comments made me smile. For those of you not fully familiar with this weapon, it was a nightmare right out of the box from Umarex. Thank God there are good people at Bradis who attempted to fix it and then gave me a decent trade in price on it......although they didn't want it back. the customer service at Umarex/Regent was nothing short of a joke. they get 2 thumbs down and a foot up their @$$. It sat in a box for the past 4 months until Ric reminded me that he wanted to take a try at getting it in working order.

Allen, the work you did is nothing short of spectacular. From the pics posted in this thread, you do damned good work. Now, I want to read a post where Ric can't rave enough about how well it feeds and spits out ammo.

I'm glad this worked out for all involved, and I'm happy that Ric has a working pistol!

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    Ric, thanks for sharing this thread with me, some of the comments made me smile. For those of you not fully familiar with this weapon, it was a nightmare right out of the box from Umarex. Thank God there are good people at Bradis who attempted to fix it and then gave me a decent trade in price on it......although they didn't want it back. the customer service at Umarex/Regent was nothing short of a joke. they get 2 thumbs down and a foot up their @$$. It sat in a box for the past 4 months until Ric reminded me that he wanted to take a try at getting it in working order.

Allen, the work you did is nothing short of spectacular. From the pics posted in this thread, you do damned good work. Now, I want to read a post where Ric can't rave enough about how well it feeds and spits out ammo.

I'm glad this worked out for all involved, and I'm happy that Ric has a working pistol!

i am thrilled to have a working pistol again. Thank your rspr8tr.
    As soon as i can find some fmj, i will find out just how well it runs.
    might shoot up the hollow points i have as well. cheaply made crap, that i had to pay a small fortune for.
    to everyone who has kept up with this thread, stay tuned. more customizing at the hands of Allen to come.
    Might end up a Kimber look a like.:rockwoot:

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville

update finally.
    For everyone, sorry it took so long, but i was able to get out to a family members house for some shootin yesterday. This is the first time since the weapon was shot since it was repaired by allen. i do not have pictures as we did not have any real targets. just an old burn barrel. which does not look like a barrel any more now.
    I did not have as much ammo as i would have liked, but this is what was used.
    50 rounds of tulammo. (dirtiest crap i have ever used.)
    50 rounds of blazer. (cheap crap, but cleaner than tul.)
    20 rounds of Federal Hydra Shok low recoil hollow points.(expensive crap.)
    And two mags worth(15 rounds) Federal 230gr HST +P hollow points(my carry ammo, not crap.)
    Malfunctions------------------- long dramatic pause.

none, zipp, zero, zilch. nada, not a one.
    it ran like a french man from a cap gun.(Rep for the person who tells me where that line came from.)
    it fired perfectly, i was really impressed by the lack of recoil. i expected more. the +p ammo had some, but that was about it. it was a champ all day, even in the rain. Turned out to be a fun day spent with family and firearms. A big thanks goes to rspr8tr for selling the pistol to me for a fair price. and of course thanks to allenm for getting it running for a fair price. i could not have done this myself. i would not have any trouble carrying this pistol everyday. (kinda heavy though.)
    Side note. My little brother got his first gun a few weeks back. it is a stevens 320 12 guage shotgun. we shot it for the first time yesterday, and i not knowing a whole lot about shotguns, bought a variaty of ammo. i figured slug and 00 buck would have some kick, i was not expecting #4 shot to kick. i was freakin wrong. #4 kicks lika a mule. my shoulder is tender today, and he told me his is bruised. It was a great day.

now allen. about that bobtail treatment.........

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    update finally.
    For everyone, sorry it took so long, but i was able to get out to a family members house for some shootin yesterday. This is the first time since the weapon was shot since it was repaired by allen. i do not have pictures as we did not have any real targets. just an old burn barrel. which does not look like a barrel any more now.
    And two mags worth(15 rounds) Federal 230gr HST +P hollow points(my carry ammo, not crap.)

it ran like a french man from a cap gun.(Rep for the person who tells me where that line came from.)
    it fired perfectly, i was really impressed by the lack of recoil. i expected more. the +p ammo had some, but that was about it. it was a champ all day, even in the rain. Turned out to be a fun day spent with family and firearms. A big thanks goes to rspr8tr for selling the pistol to me for a fair price. and of course thanks to allenm for getting it running for a fair price. i could not have done this myself. i would not have any trouble carrying this pistol everyday. (kinda heavy though.)
    Side note. My little brother got his first gun a few weeks back. it is a stevens 320 12 guage shotgun. we shot it for the first time yesterday, and i not knowing a whole lot about shotguns, bought a variaty of ammo. i figured slug and 00 buck would have some kick, i was not expecting #4 shot to kick. i was freakin wrong. #4 kicks lika a mule. my shoulder is tender today, and he told me his is bruised. It was a great day.

Married with children.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    update finally.

You think that #4 had some kick try a box of #2 Remington Hypersonic 1750 FPS. That will set you back a foot or two.

I expect no less from Allen. I am taking him a sick piece today.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Glad to see a happy ending! I was just looking at a Umarex/Regent in stainless yesterday. Happy ending notwithstanding, I think that's as far as I am going to get with it. :):

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    You think that #4 had some kick try a box of #2 Remington Hypersonic 1750 FPS. That will set you back a foot or two.

I expect no less from Allen. I am taking him a sick piece today.

A sick piece? I think they make a cream for that.lol
    I am willing to try the #2. I kinda think its fun when the shoulder hurts abit. Let's you know you got ahold of something. If it hurts this bad on this end, the reciever must be truly bad. It did teach me I need to get myself a 12 guage of me own. I was thinking a mossberg 500 to get started. Any recomendations? I don't know much about shotguns, the mossberg just looks nice and cheap.

Also, I am in serious thought to cerakote the 1911. I can't decide on color. I am thinking a dark red frame with a black slide. I think I will make a thread that people can vote or input color ideas. I have trouble picturing these kind of things, and could use all the input I can get to make a truly unique pistol.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    Ahh yes...

Another resurrected 1911 from potential disaster, and the good folks who know what they are doing to get it running again.

You know, one cannot put a price on peace of mind.

I'm really glad all worked out.

Another 1911 finds a deserving home. "sniff, sniff"...it brings a tear to the eye.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A sick piece? I think they make a cream for that.lol
    I am willing to try the #2. I kinda think its fun when the shoulder hurts abit. Let's you know you got ahold of something. If it hurts this bad on this end, the reciever must be truly bad. It did teach me I need to get myself a 12 guage of me own. I was thinking a mossberg 500 to get started. Any recomendations? I don't know much about shotguns, the mossberg just looks nice and cheap.

Also, I am in serious thought to cerakote the 1911. I can't decide on color. I am thinking a dark red frame with a black slide. I think I will make a thread that people can vote or input color ideas. I have trouble picturing these kind of things, and could use all the input I can get to make a truly unique pistol.

Not exactly the kind of piece you may visualize......:D

Nothing wrong with a Moss. 500 as a starter. They make that platform in for several applications.

I have a hard enough time picking my own colors.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    Ahh yes...

Another resurrected 1911 from potential disaster, and the good folks who know what they are doing to get it running again.

You know, one cannot put a price on peace of mind.

I'm really glad all worked out.

Another 1911 finds a deserving home. "sniff, sniff"...it brings a tear to the eye.

to be honest, i am customizing this pistol for fun. i am not sure how long i will keep it after its done. dont get me wrong, i do like it. it shoots real nice, but it is heavy and uncomfortable to carry.
    i told everyone in a thread on here that i would give a 1911 a "try". I did. and even though i would say it is a fantastic range gun\ home defense pistol, it is just not that good as a sd pistol. at least not for me. for me the beaver tail and the safety lever jab me in the side all day long. yes i believe a new holster may fix that problem, and i might try that, but i really need a pistol i can conceal better, and i just dont think this is the one to do it with.
    so i will continue customizing it with ingos members helping me decide how it turns out. then once its done, put it in the classifieds for trade only. i dont think that it would be fair to sell it since the person who sold it to me gave me such a good deal on it. i dont "Flip" guns.

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    oh i forgot. i told those people in the other thread that i would give a fair opinion on glock vs 1911 after i had owned them both. well here it is.
    1911 is the winner. 1911 is just more pleasent to shoot for me. i may give the glock another try, just as soon as the price on the 30s finally comes down. i like 45 and every glock in 45, besides the 30s, feels like a brick in my hand, even more than all the other glocks that feel like a smaller bricks in my hand. the 1911 might be funner to carry with an aluminum frame, but alas, i will never be able to afford a gun like that.
    so until i get to try the 30s, 1911 is the winner in my book. Sorry glock guys, i had to be honest.

Top Bottom