• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    I had heard some rumblings for the last 2 months that Aim might be getting in another batch of Molot PU snipers, Having missed out on getting a 42 last time I decided not to let the opportunity pass me by again. So when then posted that they had 14 1942 PU's for sale back on the 11th I ordered one as fast as I could. Recieved it today and am quite pleased with it, great bore, clear scope, rifle stamped for the scope and stamped matching except for the mag that was lined out and re-stamped. All and All, well worth the coin, now if I can find one of the elusive 42 Tula PU's. ;)

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Very nice! My last two rifles have been a 91/30 and a Chinese T53. I'm starting to really enjoy the cheaper side of things. Maybe I'll get into the nicer ones some day!

Miller Tyme

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2010
    Whiskey City, Indiana
    If you dont mind me asking, What was the price? I may want to get one

Aim had them, $649.00 for the 42's, 629.00 for any Tula's, and I believe $599.00 for 43-44 Izhevsk's.

They sold out of the 42's fast ( only got in 14) sold out of the Tula's in 3 days, only 43-44 Izhevsk's left in stock. They are the best bargin going for a legit WW2 sniper rifle.

IndianaRob

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Ft. Wayne
    Thats a nice little pick-me-up ya got there Miller! I was just starting to get into the WW2 collecting when all this stuff started going haywire. That is one on my list to get, and you got a good one.

Rhino12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    Very nice! I just had mine modified to accept a period authentic (repro obviously) scope. Jim "Boltman" Robert did my bent bolt.

I'd like to get an original piece to add to my modified one.

-Rhino12

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Very nice. I'm a newbie on the snipers so can you point out how to tell if they are original or not? I would guess the matching numbers on receiver and scope are pretty sure signs but what else?

Rhino12

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    @warhawk77

The most common difference is the turret screws. On an original, like Miller's you can see they are rounded. On a reproduction, they are flat. Unfortunately, they are faking these scopes a LOT right now (in the last few years), and some are getting smarter. Having all matching serial numbers can be helpful as well, but fakes are still possible. Many fakes will have an "N" instead of Cyrillic symbols.

MosinNagant.net used to have a good 'how to spot fakes' article, but it was removed/closed by the author for being outdated.

If it helps, I can post detailed pictures of my reproduction scope and you can visually compare against Miller's pictures.

-Rhino12

Last edited:

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    @warhawk77

The most common difference is the turret screws. On an original, like Miller's you can see they are rounded. On a reproduction, they are flat. Unfortunately, they are faking these scopes a LOT right now (in the last few years), and some are getting smarter. Having all matching serial numbers can be helpful as well, but fakes are still possible. Many fakes will have an "N" instead of Cyrillic symbols.

MosinNagant.net used to have a good 'how to spot fakes' article, but it was removed/closed by the author for being outdated.

If it helps, I can post detailed pictures of my reproduction scope and you can visually compare against Miller's pictures.

-Rhino12

Thanks. I'm know I'm not ready to play in that league yet. But I'm getting there.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    NICE!

Damn, I wish I had visited their site sooner. I've been waiting for one of these to add to my MN collection. They're just a little reminder that it doesn't necessarily take "assault rifles" to finish off a million fascists (not that our current pack of domestic fascists would know that).

Guess I'll just have to "settle" for a 1943 Izzy.

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    So what's difference between a 1942 and the other models?

At this price are they refurb or mix masters?
    They are rearsenaled, so they will have mixed parts. Not a whole lot different than many surplus M1 Garands you find, except the serial numbers on the 91/30 parts are often changed to match on the newly assembled rifle. If you find an original, all numbers-matching rifle, then... $$$$

Top Bottom