• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JodyR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    So, I ditched my Diamondback DB9 pocket rocket cause it just wouldn't feed ammo. Decided I wanted to go full size to work on skills, take some training, and possibly get into.some Uspsa or something in Production just as a fun pastime.
    Decided on a Glock 17 due to price,popularity, etc. Kinda wanted a 19 ..but Acme was out and I am spontaneous..lol. Settled on a Gen 3 as well as that's what was in front of me.
    So, my questions are .. Anyone local sell or do trigger connectors like a 3.5 to help the factory trigger ?
    Also..recommendations on a training holster for Uspsa or Idpa ? I have read about Bladetechs ...but others ?

Lastly..is it legal to put in an extended mag release or slide stop in Uspsa or ? Factory mag feels small and somewhat hard to.get to...

Thanks
    Jody in North Vernon Indiana

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Yes, you can use both extended mag release and slide stop. I normally recommend folks not use the extended slide stop, as thumbs sometimes cause the slide to lock back at the wrong time.

Bladetech and Comp-Tac both make good holsters for USPSA/IDPA.

Visit the Shooting Sports section, we can answer all your questions there. South Central Gun Club in Freetown is your closest USPSA club. Look forward to having you come out.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have, I also shoot a Glock in Production.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    The extended slide stop may prove to be obsolete once you get some training. A lot of courses will teach you to rack the slide on a reload to use the full force of the recoil spring to chamber a round. I would also recommend practicing your trigger pull before looking into connectors or polished parts. Becoming proficient with the stock trigger will help your accuracy on any gun. A lighter trigger pull doesn't make a better shooter.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Over on the Glock Talk forum, I read a discussion of the Glock Sport/Combat holster, which is a basic holster which is ambidextrous and will fit on most belts. They run anywhere between $12 & $30 (depending upon where you find them) and, unlike most cheap holsters, it got very good reviews by users, some of whom said they preferred it to more expensive holsters. I've had one and found it to be a very good holster although it needs some fairly extensive mods to make it work as an IWB holster. It might make a good starter holster for you.

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    I would shoot the gun a bit before I decided on add ons. If you decided on adding anything to it, most mods are very easy to do and can be done by yourself, with simple tools and a little bit of skill. There are videos on youtube that can walk you though it.

I love my G17.

I believe there's a match in Sellerburg the 15th. Maybe someone else can confirm/give details.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Welcome to the dark side Jody:) . The board is a great place to get advice and help along with meeting great people.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

JodyR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Wow...lots of great advice. Glad I found this forum and appreciate all the feedback. Sounds like I may just shoot the heck out of the thing while looking into attending some events etc. Thanks again !

Checkfoo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If you live close enough and decide you want the parts I have a ghost 3.5 and 4.5 connector you could just have. I also have some different weighted striker and trigger springs that came with the 3.5 as a kit if you want to modify it more. Installation is a not hard and I can show you.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    If you live close enough and decide you want the parts I have a ghost 3.5 and 4.5 connector you could just have. I also have some different weighted striker and trigger springs that came with the 3.5 as a kit if you want to modify it more. Installation is a not hard and I can show you.

Look at that, that's INGO for you..Bunch of great people willing to help.

Top Bottom