• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INJoker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    You can find similar videos everywhere. The PERSEC violations are a definite no-no but all the tactics portrayed are pretty public.

My favorite part is the assault on the car from the Little Bird benches.

I would not want to be on the receiving end of any of those teams.

465guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2008
    You got some links to these videos? I like watching stuff like this and have never seen anything of this quality showing delta in action.

You can find similar videos everywhere. The PERSEC violations are a definite no-no but all the tactics portrayed are pretty public.

My favorite part is the assault on the car from the Little Bird benches.

I would not want to be on the receiving end of any of those teams.

INJoker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    You got some links to these videos? I like watching stuff like this and have never seen anything of this quality showing delta in action.

Yeah let me look 'em up. There are very few that are "Delta"-specific because most of them aren't. This video as well looks like a combination of Special Forces, Navy SEALs and Delta. I can't believe how many faces they show!

Also, many of the videos I've seen before are not "compilation" videos like this. They tend to just be 2-3 minute segments from documentaries and military press videos and things.

Look around on YouTube for SAS and French Foreign Legion.

Here is a good one I just saw this morning:

YouTube - SAS

465guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2008
    From what I understand this video was used as a recruiting tool at for Delta and got out.

INJoker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Australian SASR:

YouTube - SAS Australian SASR

I'll keep digging around. There are probably 6-8 of this quality that you can find from time to time but they go up and down every few months.

Just look around a while and you'll see what I mean.

A word of warning: It takes forever to sort through all the "fan-boy" videos and the still-picture "tributes" that every 16-year-old who saw Black Hawk Down have put up over the last couple of years.

INJoker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Wow. If that's true, that's crazy. I find it hard to believe that any of the high-speed units, especially one as secretive as Delta would produce videos like this to recruit, but I could be wrong. I know a couple of years ago it was difficult to find Option 40 Ranger contracts for the Army and BUD/S contracts for the Navy because so many people were rushing to sign up.

That may have fallen by the wayside now, but who knows.

In any case, that original video is pretty cool!

From what I understand this video was used as a recruiting tool at for Delta and got out.

indyninja

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    here is an article some might enjoy from 2001

Wednesday, October 17, 2001

Best of the best, Delta unit called top
    weapon in war against terrorism

By Jon R. Anderson, Stars and Stripes
    gb1017a.jpg
    Elite. Daring. Covert. Super secret.
    All of those words have become cliché when describing the United States’ special operations forces.
    And while many people may often think of the Green Berets as the Army’s Special Forces, when Army leaders begin to move their "special forces" to fight the war on terrorism, they will call upon men and women with other colored headgear as well.
    From the pilots who carry A-Teams deep behind enemy lines to the Rangers storming an airfield, the Army has a number of weapons ready, willing and able to bring the fight to terrorists.
    But perhaps the group that is the most feared and least known is the Army’s Delta Force.
    Delta, formerly called 1st Special Operations Detachment, culls its members on an invitation-only basis from among the ranks of the Rangers, Special Forces — even Navy SEALs and Marine Force Recon — forming a unit, say insiders, that truly is the best of the best.
    Modeled after the British Special Air Service, Delta is the Pentagon’s sharpest weapon when it comes to the anti-terrorism fight.
    "You really don’t get much better than Delta Force," said Michael Vickers, a former Special Forces soldier and later a CIA field agent before becoming an analyst for the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessment in Washington, D.C.
    "They are very, very experienced — it’s hard to overstate it," he said.
    When the Delta Force found itself in the middle of an all-night battle on the streets of Mogadishu, Somalia, in 1993 that left scores of U.S. dead and wounded, Delta operators were back to work the next day.
    "It was like some horrendous siege of the Alamo," said Vickers, "but they were ready to go right back out the next day, as if it was just another day’s work."
    Just finding the right blend of physical stamina and mental toughness required for such missions has been a tall order for Delta.
    "Imagine screening 2,000 records," said one former Delta soldier. "From there, you’ll accept about 200 to 400 for actual consideration. From there, about 100 actually go through the selection course. And in the end, only about 10 will make it."
    In the shadowy battle against terrorism, where the smallest detail can mean the difference between life and death, even today — 20 years after the unit was first created — the Defense Department still refuses to confirm or deny that Delta exists.
    Even former Delta operators, like David L. Grange, now a regular commentator on CNN, won’t say much about the unit. Retiring in 1999 shortly after commanding the 1st Infantry Division, Grange spent most of his career in special operations units like Delta, Special Force and the Rangers.
    "There’s just not that much I can talk about," said Grange. "The unit is very good at hostage rescue and snatch missions."
    Under its umbrella, Delta is said to consist of three operational — direct action shooting — squadrons, a support squadron, a signal squadron, an aviation platoon, and what is often referred to as the Funny Platoon, believed to be one of the few special operations units allowing female operators among the trigger pullers.
    Other weapons
    If Delta Force and Special Forces units are like a surgeon’s scalpel, the Army Ranger battalions are like a baseball bat.
    "They’re like 82nd Airborne Division on steroids," Vickers said.
    Their airborne light-infantry expertise, make it all but certain the Army’s three Ranger battalions will be key if leaders decide to seize airfields or need a perimeter of highly trained security around snatch operations.
    Those are exactly the kinds of missions Rangers performed in Grenada and Panama, jumping in so low — to avoid radar detection — that reserve parachutes were discarded because there would have been no time to pull them. And in Somalia, Rangers backed up Delta Force commandos in the hunt for tribal warlords there and fought side-by-side with them when things turned ugly.
    When it comes to special operations units getting where they need to be, the Army 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment is the usual choice. The Army’s most experienced pilots, the Night Stalkers, command a fleet of the military’s most exotic helicopters.
    The AH/MH-6 Little Bird, for example, can swoop between all but the narrowest city streets with its high-volume mini gun and rocket launchers blazing.
    Commanding special ops
    In his 1983 book, titled simply, "Delta Force," Col. Charlie Beckwith blamed the failed 1980 rescue of U.S. embassy hostages in Iran on interservice rivalry, and an unhealthy dose of bad luck.
    The worst sand storms in years plagued the mission from the start, but complicating matters was the fact that Marine Corps pilots were flying Air Force helicopters off of Navy ships.
    "In Iran we had an ad hoc affair," explained Beckwith. "My recommendation is to put together an organization which contains everything it will ever need, an organization which would include Delta, the Rangers, Navy SEALS, Air Force pilots, its own staff, its own support people, its own aircraft and helicopters."
    Beckwith challenged leaders to "make this organization a permanent military unit. Otherwise, we are not serious about combating terrorism."
    Not long afterward, the U.S. Special Operations Command was established among the Unified Combatant Commands putting essentially everything Beckwith had recommended under one umbrella.
    Less known, however, is the small command that was established within that organization.
    Located in a remote part of Fort Bragg, N.C., and heavily guarded and fenced off far from curious eyes, sits the Combat Applications Group (Airborne) compound.
    Supporting it are several units even more secretive than Delta Force itself.
    In the aftermath of the Iranian rescue disaster, military officials saw a need for units like Delta to get better intelligence on the ground before missions are launched. With most of its Iranian spy handlers held captive in Tehran, the CIA had been of little help during the embassy take over.
    Spy satellites and radio intercepts can only provide so much information. So it was decided to create<TB>a new unit that would train its members in the spy craft of studying targets inside hostile areas.
    Initially dubbed the Intelligence Support Activity, the unit drew its members largely from those able to speak foreign languages with the fluency of the native born and capable of blending into potential hot-spots unnoticed.
    "Like Delta, ISA is another special mission unit," said former CIA agent Vickers. "I can’t really say much about them, but they were created out of a need to provide intelligence in support of special operation, kind of a hybrid between Special Forces and military intelligence."
    Like Delta, the Army refuses to acknowledge the unit exists, but cryptic recruiting messages can be found among intelligence Army units. Officials answering the number provided declined to identify which unit applicants would be assigned to and asked politely that their number not be published.
    "There’s good reason to keep things quiet," says Vickers of all of the military’s most elite units. "When you’re in the counterterrorism business, you’re very concerned about identity."
    Just as terrorists must secretly study their targets before attacking, so too must the units given the dangerous mission of taking them down prepare and work in the shadows away from the public eye.
    Added Vickers, "The less that’s known about them — and how they do their jobs — the better."

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    How has that not been pulled down yet? No that it gives anything away.. but

Well for one it doesn't seem like much more than a bunch of random clips that have nothing to do with 1st SFOD Delta (Look at the first related video "CIA Delta SEALs training for Iraq...wow I didn't know that the CIA, Army, and Navy had a secret unit called "CIA Delta SEALs)... they don't go around telling what base(s) they are based out of... and it could even be disinformation. They let Eric L. Haney write his crap book, which turned into The Unit tv show... and he was allegedly a Delta operator.

INJoker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Well for one it doesn't seem like much more than a bunch of random clips that have nothing to do with 1st SFOD Delta (Look at the first related video "CIA Delta SEALs training for Iraq...wow I didn't know that the CIA, Army, and Navy had a secret unit called "CIA Delta SEALs)... they don't go around telling what base(s) they are based out of... and it could even be disinformation. They let Eric L. Haney write his crap book, which turned into The Unit tv show... and he was allegedly a Delta operator.

Eric Haney is and was legit. He is now also persona non grata with Delta because of the book.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Eric Haney is and was legit. He is now also persona non grata with Delta because of the book.

Eh he may have been Delta... but from countless book reviews I've read on the book (I liked the book and love the show myself) from actual people in the Special Forces community... he is so full of crap in the book that it isn't even funny... I wouldn't know, but I've read it so many times it's probably got truth to it.

Top Bottom