• ...and so much more!
  • revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I would just like to take this opportunity to say again:

I think we should do ours the same way as Utah. Lots of people moan about the fact they require a class, but all you have to do is show up and talk about guns with other guys who love guns for 3-4 hours. The huge benefit of their system is the thing is 100% completely privatized. You never deal with any government worker. The people who do the class stamp your application, make your print card, and put it all in an envelope for you to mail in. Plus, these people don't just work banker's hours like the PDs.

None of this, you have to meet the chief, wait 2 weeks, wait an unspecified amount of time, etc. BS some of the departments in this state pull.

I'm not advocating requiring a class, but if it means cutting out the BS we currently have to deal with, I think it would be worth it. It would also add to the number of states that honor our license.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Move up the road a little..

Simple, quick and full of dickage. The ugly broad at the desk and the lard-arsed cop that took my prints acted like I had ruined their day by asking them to do their damn job.

I guess I should have been glad they actually bothered to DO their jobs, huh?

Mike, you could move a little NE, across the County Line. The McCordsville PD has been more than helpful to me, on my LTCH. Got my last (Lifetime) back in April of '08'. The Chief and I spent more time BS'n about guns/reloading then we did about permit business.:rockwoot:

NOW--I WILL agree==Their speed traps on 600W and SR-67 are NOT very good!!:nono: Bill..

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I would just like to take this opportunity to say again:

I think we should do ours the same way as Utah. Lots of people moan about the fact they require a class, but all you have to do is show up and talk about guns with other guys who love guns for 3-4 hours. The huge benefit of their system is the thing is 100% completely privatized. You never deal with any government worker. The people who do the class stamp your application, make your print card, and put it all in an envelope for you to mail in. Plus, these people don't just work banker's hours like the PDs.

None of this, you have to meet the chief, wait 2 weeks, wait an unspecified amount of time, etc. BS some of the departments in this state pull.

I'm not advocating requiring a class, but if it means cutting out the BS we currently have to deal with, I think it would be worth it. It would also add to the number of states that honor our license.

I didnt have to meet the chief or sheriff. I talked to a clerk at the records dept. of the sheriff's office. I never saw a cop. She did what she had to and I had my LTCH back in 6 days.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I moved to St. John from IL last summer. When I applied at the Police Station, the lady was professional and friendly. My lifetime permit arrived 6 days later.
    You lucked out, a half dozen people and I had to go there 3 times each because she wasn't there on the 3 days of the week their website says they take the applications.

Top Bottom